Bama Bound question

<p>The schedule for both the parent orientation and student list the “Capstone Connections Info Fair”. My husband doesn’t’ wish to attend the “parent orientation” sessions, but he will be at the university with our son. Can he walk around and get information from the booths or does he have to be registered with the parent orientation?</p>

<p>There’s certainly no requirement to be registered in order to wander around and check out the booths in the Ferg. I don’t even recall being asked to show I was registered for parent orientation in order to enter any of the informational meetings.</p>

<p>The informational fair goes on during lunch of the 1st day. No need to register for that. </p>

<p>I was at BB earlier this week. I highly encourage that parents attend the parent info sessions. Very informative and you find out who, how, what, etc to contact, what to do, how to pay, when what happens, etc. If you don’t attend BB as a parent for the parent sessions realize that some of the info you are going to get from your child is going to be “second hand” and may not be accurate. There were plenty of chances for parents to be in smaller groups to hear about things and to ask questions. Very informative!</p>

<p>Is the “College Connections and Info Fair” in the Ferguson Center? </p>

<p>Also, It lists College and School Visit- Is that at the Ferguson center? Are they actually going to the other buildings or just meeting with an adviser from their school?</p>

<p>And on Sunday when they start registering…can they do it from anywhere on their laptops or do they have to meet with an adviser again?</p>

<p>yes, tables are set up around Ferguson-make sure and check them out</p>

<p>College visit- parents and students will walk to their assigned college and meet with advisers/avantis about how to register then they return the following morning to actually register</p>

<p>On the second day, they do meet with the advisors again; they don’t just register on their laptops from anywhere. At my D’s college (business) they went into a computer lab, but they all didn’t fit at the same time so they all didn’t go in together, and there were kids registering on their smart phones while waiting to get into the lab.</p>

<p>I registered on my smart phone while I was still in my Avanti group while they were telling us how to register. It opened up at around 9 am. Then I went into the computer lab and just had my schedule approved by the advisors.</p>

<p>After they “register” with their Avanti or during that time period be it w/ their Avanti or while waiting around they then go and meet with the advisor who approves their schedule and will make changes that may need to be done.</p>

<p>My DS attended the first Honors BamaBound. He had to get his class list/schedule approved before actually registering for classes.</p>