Bama Bound questions University of Alabama

<p>My daughter and I are going to be attending the Bama Bound orientation over the summer. Can someone tell us about your experience and what exactly you did? I know you register for classes there. I know there is a website that tells you the good and not so good professors. If she is registering there, how will she know if she’s registering with a good professor or not? </p>

<p>We would just like all the info on Bama Bound and how you liked it.Thank you and ROLL TIDE!!! =]</p>

<p>I can’t speak to the teacher question but we did BB last summer. We took both younger kids as well and they did the sibling program which they enjoyed. We all stayed in the dorms. DS was with the other students. DH and I with 2 younger kids filled a suite. It was a fun experience and DD got to experience dorm living before she starts on her journey next year. We went to different presentations about things like finances and student life and a parent panel. It was a nice time. The second day the kids registered for classes. It is recommended that a schedule be made ahead of time so you know what you want already.</p>

<p>For registration… I would do as Proudmama suggests… You can see the course schedule online for the Fall on the UA.edu website. Don’t be too concerned if classes appear full since they open up seats before every Bama Bound session for incoming Fr. </p>

<p>When you outline possible classes go to the website is Ratemyprofessors.com. S has found it to be pretty close to the mark for the profs he has taken… the reviews will also designate a specific course that the review refers too… The reviews can differ depending on the course so it may make sense to scan multiple items… What I also found is that the Student Ambassadors who are hanging around during the College advising breakouts were usually willing to dispense some free advice and inside scoop on classes/professors… just ask one of them. There will be plenty of them around… The young women who were helping us out during BB last year were not engineers but they found an engineer in their group real fast for us to chat with… Even if you get stuck with someone who is less than desirable there will be opportunities to seize open spots later on… S did some trading up/switching throughout the summer last year. I think there are other threads with some tips on this… or you can ask an Ambassador. </p>

<p>One of the things you will find is that Alabama has to be the most helpful campus I have ever set foot on… Staff, Students, Professors… just ask and someone will help you themselves or point you in the right direction real quick. My opinion but as a Big 10 school alum and having recruited at and visited countless colleges, Bama has to be the most student & parent friendly campus I have ever been on whether its Bama Bound, Move In, simple questions to staff or a Football weekend. </p>

<p>Oh… and dont forget to ask about football tickets… Roll Tide!</p>