Bama Bound registration opens at midnight tonight

<p>Per the orientation webcast we’re listening to, Bama Bound registration opens at midnight tonight.</p>

<p>Question for the experienced parents…does anyone remember what tab the Bama Bound reservation will pop up under, is it student?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>[FAQ</a> - Bama Bound Orientation - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://orientation.ua.edu/faq/]FAQ”>http://orientation.ua.edu/faq/)</p>

<p>One of you parents needs to put on a pot of coffee for your group. You can keep each other company, singing camp songs off-key as you watch the clock, fingers hovering just a fraction of each above your keyboards, waiting…</p>

<p>What the heck is this midnight thing? Did that happen last year? I don’t remember that at all.</p>

<p>Another non-refundable fee? I suppose it’s best to bite the bullet, pay the fee, and get an early date?</p>

<p>I assume that’s midnight central time? It’s gonna have to be tomorrow for me, won’t make it till 1 am. :)</p>

<p>Is this a huge rush type of thing?? I didn’t think it was critical to sign up at the first moment for this.</p>

<p>Ok so tonight was crazy and we missed the webcast for Bama bound. My D can’t go to the first honors sessions and we don’t know whether to register her for an earlier regular session or wait for the honors in July. She seems to think that more spots in honors sections will open up during the July session than will be available in the early June regular sessions.</p>

<p>I do not remember anything about midnight last year (gosh, what has gotten into UA?!). Either that wasn’t the case, or I didn’t take it serious enough, and/or it just didn’t matter. You all will be just fine. Probably a huge majority of UA admits aren’t here on CC anyway reading these helpful reminders. </p>

<p>And those who do stay up, be warned there might be computer delays, so don’t panic at 12.01 am if you aren’t able to get on. Keep this in mind also, come BamaBound registration: they “release” the online class reg process supposedly at 9 am (last year’s time), but some classes were released slightly before that, and others released slightly after that time, so when your student is registering via computer on 2nd day of BB session, tell him/her not to panic either if the computers don’t appear to be working. One thing you will learn is that everything (EVERYthing!) at UA works out - it just does.</p>

<p>Yes, 12am central time. They also commented that approximately 350 people register for each session.</p>

<p>One more thing…when we clicked on the link, just to check, it said my son was not eligible because he was not an admitted student, say what?! During the webcast, they explained that was because until the list goes live, it’s only recognizing previous students, once it goes live, my son’s admission status will be recognized.</p>

<p>We still can’t decide whether to do an earlier Bama bound that is not Honors, or wait until the July honors session. So many decisions… And we thought deciding where to go would be the most stressful. Ha!</p>

<p>Bama Bound registration is now open. Got the session we hoped for. Good luck!</p>

<p>Can’t believe I stayed up, but since I had already bought plane tickets I figured I better make sure. No problem registering for the first honors session (5/28-29).</p>

<p>'Night all!</p>

<p>Can you register for housing later?</p>

<p>riprorin - looks like it - you can change pretty much everything after you are confirmed, even the session (assuming there is availability).</p>

<p>Lisa, DS and I are headed to the same one…perhaps we should do a CC get together, anyone else headed to the first session??</p>

<p>I’m not finding how to register. When I go to the Bama Bound page it still says “Registration for 2013 Summer Orientation sessions will be available in early February.” How do you log in through mybama to register for orientation?</p>

<p>You have to log in to mybama with your child’s login and password.</p>

<p>eaglegirl - log into mybama, go to the Academics tab, and in the left-hand column under Admissions, Admitted Undergraduate Students, there is a choice for Orientation Registration.</p>

<p>txdoula - I’m sure lots of CCers will be headed to that one, we should definitely touch base as it gets closer.</p>

<p>All registered for 1st Honors…lol…and we’re off to the races…lol</p>