Bama Bound registration opens at midnight tonight

<p>Now that many of our kids have housing selection out of the way, time to focus on who is headed to Bama Bound when! Bumping this thread for more people to add themselves.</p>

<p>I so hope my DS’14 decides to apply/attend UA. You guys are too much fun!</p>

<p>It’s all fun and games unless the list isn’t appropriately alphabetized.</p>

<p>Gasp! I will text her immediately.</p>

<p>My son and I will be at Bama Bound May 28-29. Looking forward to it!</p>

<p>My PhD in APA formatting professor friend assures me that my list is properly alphabetized. :slight_smile: Y’all can fight it out among yourselves though.</p>

<p>May 27</p>

<p>May 28/29

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]2CarolinaGirls
[</em>]lisa6191
[<em>]Longsx3
[</em>]MereMom
[<em>]MichiganGeorgia
[</em>]NYBama
[<em>]riprorin
[</em>]SpaceCoastMom
[<em>]ThorEric
[</em>]tjmom
[<em>]TXArchitect
[</em>]txdoula
[li]upstate13[/li] [/ul]</p>

<p>May 30/31</p>

<p>June 3/4

[ul]</p>

<p>[li]Peachtide[/li][/ul]</p>

<p>June 5/6 ]

[ul]</p>

<p>[li]emtrippedagain[/li][/ul]</p>

<p>June 10/11</p>

<p>[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]BillThePoet
[</em>]MSUBAMAmom</p>

<p>[/ul]</p>

<p>June 12/13

[ul]</p>

<p>[li]TxNewCollegeMom[/li][/ul]</p>

<p>June 17/18</p>

<p>June 19/20</p>

<p>June 21</p>

<p>July 2</p>

<p>July 8/9

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]ChicagoBear
[</em>]Galaxyfigment
[/ul]</p>

<p>July 10/11

[ul]</p>

<p>[li]threeofthree[/li] [/ul]</p>

<p>July 15/16</p>

<p>July 17/18</p>

<p>July 22/23</p>

<p>July 24/25</p>

<p>July 29/30</p>

<p>July 31/Aug 1</p>

<p>Aug 16</p>

<p>Aug 19</p>

<p>June 5-6 TwoXCollege</p>

<p>May 30 - 31 busyperson1</p>

<p>May 28-29 Twomutts</p>

<p>Ours has been changed.
We will now be attending June 10-11</p>

<p>May 30-31 rocrollchalktide</p>

<p>June 3-4 GAMomto4</p>

<p>May 27</p>

<p>May 28/29

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]2CarolinaGirls
[</em>]3kidsinhs
[<em>]boarder3512
[</em>]cassidyreilly
[<em>]lisa6191
[</em>]Longsx3
[<em>]MereMom
[</em>]MichiganGeorgia
[<em>]NYBama
[</em>]riprorin
[<em>]SpaceCoastMom
[</em>]ThorEric
[<em>]tjmom
[</em>]TXArchitect
[<em>]txdoula
[</em>]twomutts
[li]upstate13[/li] [/ul]</p>

<p>May 30/31

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]busyperson1
[</em>]rocrollchalktide
[/ul]</p>

<p>June 3/4

[ul]
[li]GAMomto4</p>[/li]
<p>[li]Peachtide[/li][/ul]</p>

<p>June 5/6

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]emtrippedagain
[</em>]TwoXCollege
[/ul]</p>

<p>June 10/11</p>

<p>[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]BillThePoet
[</em>]MSUBAMAmom
[li]TxNewCollegeMom</p>[/li]
<p>[/ul]</p>

<p>June 12/13

[ul]</p>

<p>[/ul]</p>

<p>June 17/18</p>

<p>June 19/20</p>

<p>June 21</p>

<p>July 2</p>

<p>July 8/9

[ul]</p>

<p>[<em>]ChicagoBear
[</em>]Galaxyfigment
[/ul]</p>

<p>July 10/11

[ul]</p>

<p>[li]threeofthree[/li] [/ul]</p>

<p>July 15/16</p>

<p>July 17/18</p>

<p>July 22/23</p>

<p>July 24/25</p>

<p>July 29/30</p>

<p>July 31/Aug 1</p>

<p>Aug 16</p>

<p>Aug 19</p>

<p>Aww. threeofthree. :(</p>

<p>May 30,31 Mom2twins D. Mom also staying in dorm. Is that a mistake?</p>

<p>No, it is not a mistake to stay in the dorms! Just read the previous threads and posts about this from previous years…and be prepared…it is bare bones. But you are right in the thick of it…close to everything…and will meet a lot of parents in the same situation. If you want to be in same suite as another parent, you need to check in together (at the same time).</p>

<p>I’ll be in the dorm as well. I hate driving and finding parking spots so I’m excited about staying on campus. I also like the idea of experiencing a little what living conditions will be for my son this fall.<br>
My husband will be at a different college orientation with my daughter so it’ll be just me and I’m looking forward to finding other parents to hang out with.</p>

<p>I agree with aeromom. Although it is bare basics, I don’t think staying in the dorms is a bad idea at all. It’s bare basics for sure, but it provides an opportunity to measure, mingle, and figure out what will work in a dorm room while you’re there.</p>

<p>In past years students were housed in the the North tower of RCS and parents/siblings were housed in the South tower. Parents were provided basic linens, but students weren’t unless you paid for them. If you or your student wanted to room with a specific person they would allow it IF those parties arrived and checked in at the same time. A family with two parents and two extra siblings would have a suite to themselves (two baths, four bedrooms, living room. Otherwise, parents were assigned to suites to share with other parents just as students were.</p>

<p>Suites include exactly what you’ll find when your student arrives in August for move in which include the furniture listed on the Housing website, a microwave, a fridge, and that’s it. There is no television or trashcan in the room just so you know, so bring a trash bag or save your plastic bags if you make a stop for snacks.:slight_smile: Don’t forget toiletries, you won’t find any cute little samples of soap or shampoo there.:)</p>

<p>We stayed a couple of years ago. I can’t say for sure if I’d do it again, but I’m glad we stayed once anyway.:slight_smile: We found being on campus to be extremely convenient. Have fun!</p>

<p>Did we sign up for sheets when we registered? I can’t remember</p>

<p>We just signed up for Bama Bound this afternoon and I didn’t see an option for bedding/linens on the registration site. Hope I didn’t miss it!</p>