Bama Bound registration opens at midnight tonight

<p>Maybe you just request/pay when you sign in…</p>

<p>Stay in the dorms if you can, its kind of nice to experience what our kids will experience. Something to note is that we stayed an extra night (didn’t want to rush to catch the plane right after orientation was over) and staying in the dorms that night was kind of spooky. I don’t think there was anyone else on my floor. Alot of the rooms were open so I did get a chance to take a look at the doubles available as well as some of the other suites. (Most of the doubles in South Tower were little…but there was one at a corner that was bigger and very nice.) Also staying one more night was nice as we found the movie theater and got to explore Tuscaloosa a little bit. Before then, my son hung out with his orientation roommates so I was pretty much on my own. Have fun at orientation…I know I enjoyed it last year.</p>

<p>FYI my son’s costs of his linens showed up on his 1st semester bama bill. I thought he said he paid it at orientation but must not have.</p>

<p>The beauty of attending HBB1 and staying the extra night is that, not only will HBB2 peeps be arriving that night, but one of DD’s roommates and other friends will come in then, so we can meet ya’ll from both sessions!</p>

<p>CC meet-up the evening of MAY 29th? !!!</p>

<p>We are on the list as attending the first Honors Bama Bound- had registered, bought airline tickets, etc. My son got into his “reach” school and decided that he will attend there. Their CC forum isn’t nearly as active as this one and I will probably lurk and lust here (boy, does that sound sick!). I really appreciate all the great info that so many of you have given, both on the forums and in PMs. I am very disappointed that I won’t get to meet you guys and have adult beverages at Mugshots during Bamabound and in the next 4 years. I do think that my son will be happy with his new school but I am sure he would have loved Bama too.</p>

<p>And forever, Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Wishing your son all the best, tjmom, and congratulations on the acceptance! Where will he be enrolling?</p>

<p>We’ll be joining GAMomto4 and Peachtide on June 3-4. I can’t remember where we’re staying, but its not the dorms. My husband says he did his time and prefers more than the bare bones that the dorms offer. I think he just wants to be able to keep his beer iced…</p>

<p>If he’s like me, he’s turned off by the idea of sleeping in a bunk bed style twin bed (mattress with no box spring). Gives me nightmares just thinking about it…</p>

<p>2Carolinagirls- Thanks. He will be attending William & Mary which is where his dad and I went and where his older brother is in grad school. Quite different from Alabama in size (and quality of sports teams!!!) but I think it is a good match. Time will tell.</p>

<p>Good luck to all and RTR.</p>

<p>tjmom, so glad your son found the right fit…so bummed we won’t get to meet! Best of luck!</p>

<p>LOL TNandBAMAMom and MereMom, think that is why my husband prefers the hotel over the dorms. He has grown too used to the “finer things” in life. Pffft, and he talks about me :wink: We will be “roughing it” at Hotel Capstone.</p>

<p>Sent in the Action Card photo today! Do they send the finished card to the house, or hand them out at BB?</p>

<p>TNandBamaMom, there is a huge fridge in the dorms. Plenty of room to keep the beer cold, although if you get a room like I did last year the beer well be frosty even if left out.</p>

<p>Action cards are given out at BB.</p>

<p>What kind of picture are they supposed to send in for the action card?</p>

<p>Ooh…a fridge would help keep my wine cold, too. And are the pics for the action card like a senior picture, or one we take, or…? I’m sure it saves time not having to snap an ID picture of everyone, I’ve just never seen it done like this.</p>

<p>DD has been getting emails urging her to send in the picture for a few weeks now.</p>

<p>Here is the info:</p>

<p>[Do</a> & Don’t](<a href=“http://actcard.ua.edu/pages/do_don’t.html]Do”>http://actcard.ua.edu/pages/do_don’t.html)</p>

<p>We had the photographer take a shot of her against a blank wall while we we doing the recruitment shots…I cropped it, resized it to under 2MGs, and uploaded it. Easy.</p>

<p>At least this gives you the ability to make sure you look sane…</p>

<p>Ok, so I am still lurking, but the wine comment reminded me of the dorm tour at Top Scholar day. Our guide tools us that all dorms at Alabama are 100% alcohol free for all, even those over 21. The dad next to me looked at me and we said in unison “yeah, right”. We then snorted trying to behave but I don’t think our tour guide found it amusing.</p>

<p>What, TXAdaughter didn’t want to submit her driver’s license photo?!?</p>

<p>Meredaughter had passport renewal photo taken 4 different times and places last week (!) till she got one she would even show me. Talk about picky… I’m sure there will be as much effort put in to selecting THE action card photo.</p>

<p>DD’s was taken in an Official Nike BAMA jersey (crimson) with the superior sewn-on numerals (although only the official insignia at the bottom of the vee and the swoosh actually show)</p>

<p>Son used his senior portrait - with the standard photographer’s gray shaded background. </p>

<p>tjmom, good luck to your son (my son #1 is tj, so I had liked you from the moment I saw your screen name)</p>