Bama Bound Registration Problem is Being Fixed!

<p>Those incoming frosh with “soph standing” because of AP/IB/DE credits had some trouble registering for “freshman only” classes at the first Bama Bound.</p>

<p>I wrote to Honors College Dean Sharpe to let him know about the problem. He has sent me two emails in reply (I doubt he’d mind if I shared his responses.)</p>

<p>===============</p>

<p>First Email Response:</p>

<p>Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I have alerted our registrar and our Information Technology liaison. *I hope we can get this corrected by Wed for the next Bama Bound registration. *If the code can not be corrected by Wed, then we will implement a workaround.</p>

<p>Thank you and please keep me alerted to any other issues.</p>

<p>Shane</p>

<p>Shane Sharpe, Ph.D.
Dean, Honors College
288 Nott Hall
The University of Alabama</p>

<p>==================</p>

<p>Second Email Response:</p>

<p>The IT personnel in the Registrar’s Office are working on this right now to get this problem fixed. *Incoming freshmen should be able to take a UH 155 (freshmen only) Honors seminar regardless of their academic status based on credit hours. *</p>

<p>As always, these courses are limited to 15 students per section so they will fill up in each of the registration sessions as we incrementally open up seats throughout the summer to be fair to students who cannot attend the early Bama Bound sessions. *We will also be adding new UH seminar courses throughout the summer and students who have already registered may add one of these courses.</p>

<p>We are also encouraging everyone to become a member of the Honors College Assembly–our Honors College student organization. This provides another means of connecting to Honors students based on a student’s extracurricular interests.</p>

<p>Please let me know if you hear of other issues that may arise this summer.</p>

<p>Take care,
Shane</p>

<p>Shane Sharpe, Ph.D.
Dean, Honors College
288 Nott Hall
The University of Alabama</p>

<p>m2ck and Shane Sharpe: Embodiments of the “can do” spirit and two reasons among the myriad that we love UA.</p>

<p>RTR!</p>

<p>Nice M2CK! Way to support the new Bama Babies!! Thanks to Dr. Sharpe and the other folks that are ALWAYS are seeking to improve this school. I am just amazed!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>One of the many reasons to communicate with the university if there are problems, a quick resolution that helps everyone.</p>

<p>Thanks to to those of you who posted your problems, and thanks, as usual, to M2CK for her quick thinking and to Dr. Sharpe for his quick solution.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>