Bama Bound Registration Questions

I’m just trying to understand some of the particulars at Bama Bound registration.

• Is it helpful for the student to bring their own laptop to use for registration?
  • I understand the ability to pre-load your initial set of classes in the Schedule Builder cart. If your initial schedule does not work out, what is the process for trying another schedule? Do you have to go back to Schedule Builder & enter your backup plan or is there a simpler way just to enter a new set of CRN codes inside the cart?

The kids go into a computer center for registration, no need to bring a laptop. Everything gets entered into Schedule Builder. My daughter entered everything in right before we went to BB, luckily everything opened and she just had to hit “register” that morning in the computer lab. Once registration is complete you can use the add/drop feature to make changes but before hand it is just schedule builder.

For incoming students that are unable to attend a Bama Bound session, how is class registration handled?

Said another way: We may be unable to get to BB prior to the very last sessions (16 AUG). Classes start 22 AUG. That may be terrible for class registration. Is there no remote registration opportunity?

I just got an email this afternoon from the college of engineering advising saying, “During Bama Bound, you will have the opportunity to work with an advisor during College Visit I and College Visit II. It is important that you bring a laptop and charger cable to College Visit II so you can register for classes.” I’m not sure if same holds true for other majors/colleges though.

@DavidPuddy Bama Bound is a mandatory orientation. Many people chose to go to the last session and openings in freshman classes are held for each session. The advantage to going to an earlier session is that if your student wants to make a schedule change over the summer they can. @cho84 that is interesting although my DD was not engineering so I am not sure. Obviously, do what they say to do :slight_smile:

Yeah @Roo17 , we signed up for a later session. Not at all convenient - we will be turning around for Honors action soon after it seems…