Bama Bound Solo

<p>We just mad the decision for D to attend the May28-29 Bama Bound Solo. Any tips?</p>

<p>We attended the same session last year. One parent posted that his son was going solo and would someone be willing to drive him back and forth from Birmingham airport on x dates and times. I posted back that I would be more than happy to help as his flight times were pretty close to ours.</p>

<p>We PM’d and had a great time w/ his son. Got him easily and went to lunch. He stayed on campus and so did we, so he did not need a car or a ride, but we did keep in touch just in case. He also set up some meetings w/ fraternaties so that he could get info and decide on pledging.</p>

<p>We drove him back to airport when it was time.</p>

<p>All in all he had a great experience and did not feel left out or hindered in anyway by being alone. My D made a new friend over lunch and driving back and forth. It was all good.</p>

<p>So I would suggest that when it gets a little closer that you let us know on CC what time you are flying into Birmingham (if he is) I guess I am assuming. lol</p>

<p>to late correct my mad to made in my initial post.</p>

<p>D will be flying in to Birmingham, glad it was a positive experience!</p>

<p>I would just echo what has been said before about going to Bama Bound, do your prep work before hand, and have both a schedule and a backup schedule of classes ready to go.Then it should go very smoothly. The parents spend very little time with their students, so I think going solo is just fine. It is a great time for your daughter to practice flying alone (if she hasn’t) and navigating airports. She will have a blast. Wishing her the best!</p>

<p>robotbldmom: We will we already have the best case scenario schedule worked out now we just need to find a back up plan, or two. The great thing is we will have all summer to toy with the schedule as necessary. D’ has lived all over the world so negotiating the airports should come easily but negotiating a College Campus is definitely new to her and this will giver her a chance to do so on her own.</p>