Bama Bound spots

<p>Hello, all. :slight_smile: On account of my newly minted National Achievement Finalist status, there is a 95% chance that I am Bama Bound in the fall. I probably won’t send my deposit in until early April, though, since I’m still holding out for that 5% and subsequent financial aid packages.</p>

<p>That said, how quickly do orientation spots fill up? Because odds are in the favor of UA, I don’t really want to get stuck with a late(r) orientation date by sending in my “Yes, I’m coming” slip in April, especially since I’ll be in two honors programs and I want access to my first choices, in course if not time. I could easily make the first joint Honors-Blount session, but if I wait until April to register will I have to settle for a later session?</p>

<p>Thanks for the help in advance. :)</p>

<p>The earlier dates and the (solely) honors dates do fill up fast.</p>

<p>However, there were many who could not do the early Bama Bound dates last year and most of the students were able to get into all of their classes. You might not get the exact time slot you want, but they do hold slots open for each Bama Bound session.</p>

<p>After you register, you can check back over the summer to make changes. Students will still be switching classes then.</p>

<p>First…Congrats on making National Achievement!! :)</p>

<p>Were you trying to get to one of the honors Bama Bounds? If so, those do fill up the fastest. Frankly, I think Bama needs more “honors” BBs. </p>

<p>When will you hear from your other schools?</p>

<p>Is there a big difference between honors and non honors BBs?</p>

<p>Less pocket protectors, virgins, and kids names Melvin.</p>

<p>I kid I kid. Please don’t send me hate mail :-)</p>

<p>^ LOL! Maybe I should rethink honors housing!</p>

<p>Ah, okay. Thanks, all. :slight_smile: I will keep that in mind. @momof2, most of them will arrive in late March as usual, but I’m due for my last EA decision letter by Tuesday. I’m also heading to Sewanee later this month for the scholarship weekend. Yes, I’m trying to get into one of the honors sessions. I’m not very picky about time (though I’ll be grumbling with the rest of them over 8 AM classes, lol), just about getting the classes I want. And thank you! I didn’t expect to get it, tbh. @robot, thanks for the heads-up; I wouldn’t have thought about checking over the summer.</p>

<p>^^^^daydream11: Your welcome. Students will register for classes and then change for various reasons: such as getting AP or dual enrollment credit applied. Other times, more sections of a particular class are opened up or even new classes added. There is always a chance to make some changes. If there is a particular class that you really need, you could put yourself on the wait list.</p>

<p>WELCOME to UA and CONGRATULATIONS!!</p>