Bama Bound Today!

<p>DD, DH, and I leave in a few hours! This will be the first visit for DH; DD and I spent one day in Tuscaloosa in August of 2012, just long enough for her to fall in love! We are so excited for this trip! Special thanks to Class2012Mom for arranging a “home stay” for DD. She will be spending Friday night with a suite of freshman girls and she is beyond excited! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Wishing you safe and speedy travel! Hope you have a wonderful visit and that your dh loves UA. My dh was blown away during our visit last April. And what an exciting opportunity for your dd. I know that mine would love to do something like that.</p>

<p>Have a great trip! I predict your DH will be blown away too when he sees campus and what UA has to offer.</p>

<p>Class2012Mom is awesome, isn’t she?</p>

<p>Roll Tide! Hope DH loves it too.</p>

<p>Thank you both!</p>

<p>Have fun and report back! </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>We leave tonight at 7:30 from Chicago … very excited for my S to have his day, to see our D for the first time since mid August, and to watch Bama CRUSH Tennessee on Saturday!!!</p>

<p>We’ll be there too Dad2ILD. This will be our first time in BD Stadium for a game - sooo excited!</p>

<p>Have a great time, everybody! Hope y’all have your Bama gear ready! :)</p>

<p>Have a great time! We had our second trip, to let DH tour as well, earlier this month. He loved it and it firmed up d’s decision. Enjoy!</p>

<p>You all have a great weekend! When you see poor NRDDAD in the stands, the sole guy in an orange shirt in the sea of crimson, have pity on him. Besides being a UT fan, he’s married to NRDMOM. </p>

<p>Gamomto4girls, if you are a parent of a incoming frosh girl, and your D would like to have an overnight visit, I would start a post detailing when you are visiting and ask. I’m sure there are many CC parents/students who would help you out.</p>

<p>HNL-ORD-ATL-overland to Bryant-Denny. Leaving tonight. Wife coming in from biz trip in NY. Daughter coming in (with new boyfriend) from Nashville. Hawaii work colleague coming in from road trip in the south. </p>

<p>Haven’t seen my 'Bama boy in months. Can’t wait. Tuscaloosa is always magical, especially on game day.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>NRDDAD is VERY excited to be coming to the game! During move-in he craftily purchased a UT orange colored shirt with Bama elephants prancing across the front from the Supe store.</p>

<p>He is planning on pointing innocently to the pachyderms if anybody gives him grief.</p>

<p>Hey!</p>

<p>That’s what I get for not reading carefully.</p>

<p>Class2012 is now officially off my fuzzy Bama Christmas sock list.</p>

<p>Hmph.</p>

<p>“HNL-ORD-ATL-overland to Bryant-Denny. Leaving tonight. Wife coming in from biz trip in NY. Daughter coming in (with new boyfriend) from Nashville. Hawaii work colleague coming in from road trip in the south.”</p>

<p>sounds like a regular family reunion!</p>

<p>have a great trip!</p>

<p>I agree with CLASS2012MOM, it would be a great idea to start a CC ambassador thread. I’m sure many of our kids would be willing to meet/eat with incoming families and give tours/share a room for a night. I know my D would have loved to have met a current student with her interests on one our visits, even if it was just to ask what kind of clothes to bring to school. :slight_smile: You know, those important things that aren’t covered in the normal visit.</p>

<p>Some of our students are already “Official Ambassadors -Honors Ambassadors and Capstone Men and Women” and I know they also meet prospective students and families outside of their official duties. I think the best way to do this is just post a request here on CC and see if there are any takers. Most student’s schedules can be quite full.</p>

<p>The ‘unofficial ambassadors’ are already out there!! I know when D was visiting, another member offered her son to visit with D. Was expecting 15-30 minutes to answer general questions but this young man spent well over an hour and it has not been forgotten.</p>

<p>Momreads - we never forgot the generosity of your son. It made a difference!</p>

<p>To say I’m jealous of all of you Bama Bound for this weekend would be a huge understatement. Have fun and Roll Tide! </p>

<p>Being at a game in Bryant-Denny is amazing!!! DD came home last weekend and went to the high school football game. Now mind you her school is one of the most active and supported by current students and alums of all the high schools in our district. She even said it pales in comparison to a Bama game and being at B-D. Yes, after 2 nights she said she was “ready to go home”. HUH?? But this is your home… She considers Tuscaloosa “home” now like so many others on CC have said about their own UA kids. I’m glad! </p>

<p>I think making a connection thru here with fellow student to meet up and give the unofficial visit and Q&A would be great! The girls in sororities could even bring a potential UA student to Fried Friday lunch. </p>

<p>One of DD’s roommates for next year is a fellow CC moms D.</p>

<p>Regarding this weekend’s game: here’s an Alabama rivalfish sticker.
[3</a>" SM Alabama / Tennessee Rivalfish Magnet - WeSellSpirit.com](<a href=“http://www.wesellspirit.com/3-sm-alabama-tennessee-rivalfish-magnet/]3”>http://www.wesellspirit.com/3-sm-alabama-tennessee-rivalfish-magnet/)</p>

<p>I personally have the Alabama fish eating the “gator” fish. Makes me smile. :)</p>

<p>Have fun this weekend!! Roll Tide!!</p>