Bama Bound

<p>Question: As an OOS, flying down separately in the summer for Bama Bound is really not something I can do…but if I attend the Bama Bound immediately before classes start in August, does that put me at a disadvantage for registering for classes?</p>

<p>It can make it more difficult, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t get most of the classes that your want. It’s only for one semester, so no biggie. </p>

<p>Bama does “hold back” seats for each BB so that each BB group has access to classes, but it can be more difficult for those who attend the last BB.</p>

<p>No matter when a student attends BB, he/she needs to come with Plan A, Plan B, Plan C of class choices.</p>

<p>My kids would make a big grid with M, Tue, W, Thurs, Fri across the top…and times down the first column…8, 8:30, 9, etc</p>

<p>Then in each box they would write in 2-3 choices of classes and their CRN numbers…to help with registration.</p>

<p>You’ll get your classes. You just might not get them at the times you desire. </p>

<p>Not sure they’d do it for someone from Arizona. But I believe one or two on here from outside the continental 48 states were able to register for classes over the phone since they couldn’t get here before the last BB session. Worth a shot to ask if it comes to that.</p>

<p>When are we allowed to sign up for Bama Bound?</p>

<p>February I think. The first session isn’t until around mid-May.</p>

<p>Edit: Here’s a link to this current years BB sessions. Info usually is similar year to year.
<a href=“http://orientation.ua.edu/dates/[/url]”>http://orientation.ua.edu/dates/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Wow. So we have a long time to wait.</p>

<p>It may seem long but it really isn’t.</p>

<p>And I know you’re excited, and you have every reason to be. But please take this bit of advice. ENJOY your senior year of HS. It will be over before you know it and it isn’t something you’ll ever get back.</p>

<p>Congrats on your acceptance!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Oh I will enjoy it! Thanks! RTR</p>