Bama chances for borderline student

<p>My combined SAT is 900, and I have a 2.86 GPA, and I play Lax. I am very weak at math. I want to major in Poli Sci. I am great at social science classes, I have taken an AP class and 2 honor classes, but you obviously get accepted on GPA, SAT scores not how good you are in one subject. If I contact the CT counselor and talk to him about maybe sending in a essay, sending in a mid-year report, teacher recommendations anything I can do, will UA be lenient and accept me or would I look like a joke to them?</p>

<p>is your SAT score for two or three sections? if it’s just two, then don’t worry about it so much…</p>

<p>[Undergraduate</a> Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/steps/freshmanreq.html]Undergraduate”>http://gobama.ua.edu/steps/freshmanreq.html)

</p>

<p>2 sections. (CR 500) (M 400)</p>

<p>Take the ACT… I thought lax players were smart… damm that sounds mean… whatev… chill</p>

<p>^how dare you! you just ruined her thanksgiving! now she’s gonna go to auburn!!.. jk :P</p>

<p>anyways, OP should seek additional help as she said…that will boost her chances</p>

<p>ahaha stop saying she… I’m a dude. A stands for Adam. Rose is the first 4 initials in my last name. Rosenberg 92 is the year i was born 1992 lol. And I am smart I am great at social studies classes, history, politics, philosophy etc. I took AP gov, and 2 honor social study classes. But anyways ACTS aren’t available until February which is way to late.</p>

<p>Those classes arent hard tho… maybe its because I’m a math buff…haha… well take the SAT again…</p>

<p>lol how would AP US Government and Politics be easy if your good at math? anyways there’s no point honestly I have taken them twice and I got a 400 on math twice and I went up in Reading by 300…so I doubt I will improve in math, and I’ll only go up a little in reading. I just want to know if I would be considered with all the extra things I will put in</p>

<p>Well im a pretty well rounded student… well if Alabama had a lax team it would boost your chances… I live in alabama… haha kinda funny… im starting lax this coming year…</p>

<p>Nice fun sport, I didn’t know they played Lax below Maryland lol.</p>

<p>It’s getting pretty popular down here…</p>

<p>There’s an ACT on December 11 (I know because my D is taking it then). The regular registration date has passed, but I’m sure there’s a way that you can still sign up - check the ACT website. ACT math is different from SAT math. It tests higher level math (there are a few trig questions), but it tends to be more straightforward. A lot of people do better on the ACT than on the SAT. In any event, good luck!</p>

<p>Yeah I know, I checked the website it said I can sign up for a later date in the same testing year and show up to the early one, but the later test date is not in the same year.</p>

<p>Yes, check to see if you can take the Dec ACT. It might require you to show up early and get on the waiting list.</p>

<p>I’ve heard that it’s easier to get a seat for Dec tests since more kids don’t show up Dec tests.</p>

<p>idk i looked at the act site and to test in december is a little complicated cause its the last test of the year but I did send an email to my area rep</p>

<p>ARose…</p>

<p>Are you saying that to do standby in Dec, you first have to sign up for another test? Where does it say that? I do know that you have to set up an account, but I’m not seeing that you have to sign up for a later test if you want to do standby in Dec.</p>

<p>I’m not sure that they consider Dec as the “last test of the year.” I think they may consider the year as a “school year”…but I could be wrong. </p>

<p>If you can’t do standby for the Dec test, then sign up for the Feb test.</p>

<p>Standby testing info…</p>

<p>[ACT</a> Registration : Standby Testing](<a href=“ACT Registration | ACT Testing Dates | The ACT Test”>ACT Registration | ACT Testing Dates | The ACT Test)</p>

<p>Maybe the office is open today, but maybe not. </p>

<p>Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., M–F, central time, except as noted.
ACT Registration (Standard Time)
Mon.–Fri., 8 a.m.–8 p.m., central time 319/337-1270</p>

<p>maybe it means testing year as in 2010-2011 instead of calendar year.</p>

<p>i would call and ask.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I agree…I think they mean 'testing year" (like school year).</p>