Bama CSU Game (Family Weekend) Set for 6:00

<p>Game time set for 6:00 PM central. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>If you signed up for Parents Weekend, can you get a parking pass even if you bought your tickets elsewhere?</p>

<p>If not, where do you park?</p>

<p>You should park over behind the Student Health Center and take the Crimson Ride to the Quad.</p>

<p>Be aware that even if it’s warm during the day, as soon as the sun goes down, it will be cold…and could be very cold. So, be sure to bring the necessary “warm things” to deal with that.</p>

<p>It is still very definitely flip flop weather in Houston through Halloween, and often well beyond that.</p>

<p>Thanks for the “heads up”</p>

<p>We had to have a parking pass to park behind the SHC last year. That was the pass we purchased online the week of the game. </p>

<p>WHEW! We found a condo that is within walking distance and so happy :slight_smile: YEA!</p>

<p>^^
Was that the SHC parking lot or the large parking area by the soccer fields?</p>

<p>We didn’t purchase tickets through the school either. Can we purchase just the parking pass?</p>

<p>Hearing lots of trash talk from the many, many CSU fans around me … makes me giggle a little when I think of those poor Colorado State boys walking into the stadium to play in front of 100k people … I wish I could be in Tuscaloosa to see it but will certainly enjoy watching it here it Colorado.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>We parked in the SHC parking lot. You had to have a pass to get in. I believe the larger lot closer to the soccer fields was for those that bought passes for the season. </p>

<p>Yes, you can purchase just the parking pass by the SHC from the school online a week prior to the game. It is $25. We bought our tickets last year on stubhub and I purchased parking online from UA Athletics.</p>

<p>I think you can still purchase “day of game” passes for the grass area soccer fields.</p>

<p>[UA</a> Gameday](<a href=“http://uagameday.com/football/parking-info.php]UA”>http://uagameday.com/football/parking-info.php)</p>

<p>colobamamom, I’m in Texas and we all know what this week is…</p>

<p>It is officially Hate A&M Week at UA. FTR, it’s that week every week for me :wink:
The trash talk around here is AWFUL! I’m ignoring it and taking the high road.</p>

<p>I can only imagine the talk in Texas!!! </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>OHHH! Just saw one on FB.
They cut the tusks off Big Al and has “Saw’em Off”</p>

<p>That is just downright mean!</p>

<p>Did see that Johnny finally got him a date. With Miley Cyrus.
There is a pic of Johnny behind Miley in her now famous pose bent over. </p>

<p>ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!</p>

<p>About the “Saw 'em off” thing. Once again I’d like to shed some light on Aggie tradition that may put the comment in context and make it not seem so mean spirited.</p>

<p>As y’all know University of Texas is A&M’s main rival, and their mascot is the Longhorn. There is a chorus at the end of the Aggie fight song (which is sung several times at every Aggie yell practice and game) where the tempo changes, students link together, sway, and sing “Saw Varsity’s (meaning UT’s) horns off”, followed by a chorus of “Varsity’s horns are sawed off”. </p>

<p>“Sawing Varsity’s horns off” is a euphemism for beating the opposing team, whoever they may be. Not meant to be an animal cruelty thing. It’s not often the double meaning fits an opposing team’s mascot.</p>

<p>I’m not as thick skinned as Slippy, and I don’t think my beloved Ag’s are going to win this one, so please don’t bash me. I also wanted to give some insight in case you see some unusual stuff in the Aggie student section.</p>

<p>Cold on a late September evening? It’s possible, but I kinda doubt it. Yes, I’ve seen a September football Saturday that didn’t get above 60 degrees during the day, but that’s very unusual. A light jacket would be what I’d recommend, and you might not need that.</p>

<p>Check the weather predictions before you leave home.</p>

<p>Coming from Chicago, I’m thinking any cold temp at Bama is going to feel warm :)</p>

<p>My OTHER question is:</p>

<p>Where do we park on Friday when we are attending things on campus?</p>

<p>I got an email today detailed parking for the weekends events, it included a parking pass for Friday. My pass was for the soccer lots next to the SHC.</p>

<p>No email here
???</p>

<p>We received that email too.</p>