Bama extends scholly deadline to 1/6

<p>Just received email from our local recruiter.</p>

<p>Wow…wonder why that is? Maybe to capture some of the ED kids who get unaffordable pkgs?</p>

<p>Is this because of weather and SAT delays?</p>

<p>Can you respond to your recruiter and mentiion that the website needs an update?</p>

<p>The email claims it’s weather related. I would assume everyone received the email. We got one and my D received the Prez several months ago.</p>

<p>My daughter finished her application last Sunday, glad to have it out of the way.</p>

<p>We haven’t heard one peep from our recruiter. I called her to ask a few questions after my daughter was accepted and enrolled. D will be in honors college and on a Presidential scholarship. Our recruiter sounded less than interested in anything I had to say. Quite a disappointment, doubt we will hear anything else from her.</p>

<p>I didn’t get the email, but I’ve already received presidential.</p>

<p>bigdaddy…</p>

<p>Did the email indicate that it’s only for certain states? What state are you in?</p>

<p>Would you send an email to the rep and ask? and ask for them to update the website.</p>

<p>It has been extended for everyone. My recruiter, Tara Rinks, posted it on her twitter page. =)</p>

<p>I spoke with our former recruiter, yes, weather related.</p>

<p>I would double, no triple check on the deadlines due to weather. Last year those affected by the devastating hurricane in certain states were granted extensions BUT it was NOT across the board, which is why it was never posted on the UA Website.</p>

<p>I live in Alabama and my recruiter posted it on her twitter page. So I’m pretty sure it is for everyone. It’s always good to double check anyway. =)</p>

<p>^^^
Haley, can you send her a message and ask?..and ask her if Bama will update its scholarship page with the new deadline.</p>

<p>The Admissions FB page shared it and it is now stated on the scholarship page: [Undergraduate</a> Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/]Undergraduate”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>That’s terrific news because it says it is for ALL applicants, another chance to raise scores!</p>

<p>Is there going to be an early Jan SAT for kids to take?</p>

<p>Most make-up SAT tests are scheduled for 12/21. Only registered kids whose tests were cancelled can take the make-up (even waitlisted kids can’t) - everyone else has to wait until 1/25.</p>