Bama Fabric

<p>Thank you for the compliments but I can pretty much guarantee that Etsy is not in my future. But you all are motivating me to get back in my sewing room and use up some more of my Alabama fabric stash!</p>

<p>We’ll be watching and waiting, lattelady.:slight_smile: I really love the pillows!:)</p>

<p>lattelady, I love your pillows!!!
I wish I had that talent. I can sew a simple straight line and that is IT! I can sew better by hand, if my eyes were better, than I can on a machine. I had to pay someone to sew my dining room table setting. My mother did the blanket as she had the time. I love that blanket!!!</p>

<p>Class2012mom - I was just at Walmart and checked out the fabric for you. I live in the Richmond Virginia area. There were 2 different patterns and they were both $9.74/yd. The one was the same as the purse you posted back on page 2. The other was a darker crimson that kind of had a black stripping going through it to resemble a quasi-plaid. It had elephants on it and I think a logo that said Bama. I know thats a poor description but the best I can do. No houndstooth or fleece. Good luck. You all are so talented.</p>

<p>I was at the Flea Market in Bessemer this summer and got a cute hat for five bucks at a booth where some sweet Southern ladies were sewing them on the spot. I just grabbed one as it was a hot day in July and I had not brought a hat. They had material for Auburn as well. There has to be a fabric store in Alabama that sells this fabric. The Auburn one had the tiger face and the Bama one had the elephant. You could probably also make backpacks, pillows, purses. They had a variety there! I am the only female in my family who can’t sew a stitch, so I was thrilled to find something already made!</p>

<p>Hokiemom, thank you so much for the price check. I’ll be in Tuscaloosa next month but only for one day and I doubt I’ll have much time for fabric shopping. I envy all of you who can walk into a store and buy all things Bama any time you like. I have to settle for being excited when I found crimson dinner plates at the dollar store.</p>

<p>I don’t know what Alabama fabric is doing here in Richmond. This is VT,VCU and UVA country. But I sure was happy to see it. I might go back and try and make one of those purses.</p>

<p>^I could get you the purse measurements if you like.</p>

<p>That would be great. PM me if you like.</p>