Bama game in Atlanta, do students go?

<p>My freshman daughter is thinking of going to the game next weekend in Atlanta. She had said quite a few students are going. We live north of Atlanta, and she was going to come with some girls who have cars and stay here…</p>

<p>Do a lot of the students go? I see there are a lot of tickets on stub hub. I’m just a little wary of having her come back so soon, not that I don’t miss her, but she had planned on Thanksgiving at the earliest for her first time back.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>My D is going to the game as are a lot of her friends and they are all freshman. I say be excited she wants to come home and bring some of her new friends.</p>

<p>i think a lot of them will go since it is just a short drive away. </p>

<p>i would expect a student who lived only 3 hours away to come home before thanksgiving anyway.</p>

<p>don’t worry. if she is bringing friends, it will be a fun thing that they can do together. she is making friends who want to hang out with her. that is good.</p>

<p>I hope I didn’t sound like mean mama! I’m thrilled she is so happy and making friends, it just so funny , she was so sad when her other friends started leaving for college before she did ( my husband called it the never ending farewell tour) , and now she has this new group of girls which is great. She’s my first to leave so this is all new!</p>

<p>Good, I’m glad kids are going, that’s great. For non-Atlanta people, just an FYI there is a free Sheryl Crow and Uncle Cracker concert before the game at Centennial park right by the Dome which is pretty cool.</p>

<p>They are encouraging people to use Marta, which is way safer when there is a big game or concert in my opinion.</p>

<p>My son and his buds will be there.</p>

<p>Roll Tide! Can’t wait for 'Bama football.</p>

<p>My son and several friends are gong to this game. They are sophomores. They are going to the Braves game the night before, too! Ought to be a great roadtrip!</p>

<p>My D and her friends (seniors) are all coming to stay at our house for the weekend. Right now the number is 7, but that doesn’t include my freshman son and whoever he brings home. He hasn’t decided if he is going to come home or stay at Bama. So much for our empty nest, however, we are excited!</p>

<p>Sophomore son is going. Think he has someone to ride with him but not sure. </p>

<p>Sent him info about the concert, thanks for the info !!</p>

<p>idk if mine is going but it is a possibility.</p>

<p>Ok so which station on the Marta should they park at and ride to the game?</p>

<p>The game is at the Georgia Dome, and I’m going to try to attach a link which I always fail at: [url=&lt;a href=“http://gadome.com/guest/directions/Marta.aspx]MARTA[/url”&gt;http://gadome.com/guest/directions/Marta.aspx]MARTA[/url</a>]</p>

<p>There is a specific stop for Georgia World Congress Center/CNN/Georgia Dome. A round trip ticket is $5 and yes it is safe, especially on a game day. Be forewarned, as mentioned in another thread, that DragonCon is also this weekend in the same area. Be prepared for crowds and some awesome people watching.</p>

<p>I forgot to add that where you would park would depend on where you’re staying. We live in the northern suburbs so we park at the North Springs station. I would highly advise against driving, especially since there is a lot of construction in the general vicinity. I made the mistake of driving to pick up our race numbers for the Peachtree Road Race and about had a meltdown.</p>

<p>DD was going along with her sorority sisters, her boyfriend and his fraternity brothers. Her hospital rotation has her about 90 miles each way from Tuscaloosa. Since she is required to be at the hospital until 5 pm on Friday (the bar crawl starts then) and her rides all are wanting to leave earlier than 6:30 she is now going to sell her ticket and stay in Tuscaloosa. Her dear sweet boyfriend is doing the same (did I mention we love this boy!). They will be watching from the Lambda Chi house.<br>
She did say that a lot of students are planning to “camp out” tonight so that they can get the lower bowl seats and she is planning on doing this since she thinks she will be able to get more $$$$ for it.</p>

<p>My D will be coming from auburn, and then driving back to auburn to stay with friends. They are not staying in Atlanta. I’ll see if I can figure this Marta thing out. I’m going with some girlfriends as well so we need to know where to park too.</p>

<p>How far a drive is Atlanta from Tuscaloosa?</p>

<p>A little over two hundred miles. It’s about a three and a half to four hour drive depending upon traffic. 1-20 to I-459, and then back on I-20.</p>

<p>^ Only for some people… ;)</p>

<p>A word of caution for students who may be familiar with public transportation in cities other than Atlanta. Using MARTA, you swipe your a card to get OUT of the station (unlike Chicago, where you swipe to get in and that’s it, for example). While you do need to swipe to get in, too, that swipe going in does not take any $. Every time I’ve taken MARTA there have persons hanging outside offering to swipe me in for some cash because “the card machine is broken”. </p>

<p>And Hi to bamagirls! I’ve missed you!</p>

<p>Thanks, Class2012mom. :slight_smile: I live in the 'burbs, so I take the scenic route rather than driving into downtown. :slight_smile: I think some of those drivers who pass me could probably make the drive in about 30 minutes. Just FYI, they are serious about those construction zone speed limits.</p>

<p>D has decided to sell her ticket. We’re heading to Tuscaloosa to watch the game with friends and family on television instead of going.</p>

<p>I see the game is going to be televised on ESPN. Can’t wait for living room tailgating!</p>

<p>Everyone, please be safe as you make the drive, and get plenty of sleep before you drive back!</p>

<p>Just FYI, you can take the train from Tuscaloosa to Atlanta.</p>

<p>Have fun!</p>

<p>DS stood in line for tickets this morning and is excited to be going!</p>