Bama here we come!

<p>Roll Tide everyone. Was very close to booking a ticket to join y’all. You will all see H sweating and carrying stuff as I’m sure they will arrive Sat nite sometime. I looked up the weather for today and Today was 94 & feels like 110??? what is that, I don’t even believe it? I’m getting more irritable as it gets closer. T-36 hours and counting.</p>

<p>Leaving bright and early Friday morning!</p>

<p>Man, I wish I were going to T-town. We are packing to leave and help older son move in at grad school. We’ll be in 2 cars both packed to the hilt (one will be left with son), with 2 dogs traveling with and a bike strapped on somewhere. Oh my…what a site we’ll be. lol Fur, sweat, junk, ugh.</p>

<p>Anyway…Roll Tide everyone…have a safe trip!</p>

<p>Safe travels everyone! We’re finishing up our shopping in Birmingham and heading to T-town in the morning. Hope we run into some of you. We’ll be staying at the Microtel.</p>

<p>sounds like you all might look like the beverly hillbillies, mom!</p>

<p>Update: midnight, Seymour, IN. 300 miles knocked out today. Cracker Barrel in the morning, then 450 miles to T-town. Roll Tide and good night!</p>

<p>Safe travels to all…will be leaving early Saturday morning for the short drive down from North Alabama! Can’t believe it’s almost here!</p>

<p>Rose808 wrote:

</p>

<p>I try guess 'em, Rose: rice, spam, some udda kine grinds, and one extra pair rubbah slippahs. Shoots, Roll Tide, eh?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Where’s your son going to grad school, m2ck?</p>

<p>And I hope you do alright today. :)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Same here!!! Going to load the car tomorrow so we can get an early start and arrive in time for a late brunch before the 11:00 move in!!! I’m so excited and nervous!</p>

<p>Congrats everyone and safe travels. It really is an exciting time. And it will be over before you know it, so enjoy the process.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Update 2: IN T-TOWN!!! 4:00 pm. Time for a relaxing evening. Tomorrow back to Birmingham to gather all the Bed Bath & Beyond gear! Hmmm, where for dinner tonight? Choices … Choices. :)</p>

<p>Glad you arrived safely. </p>

<p>Cypress Inn or Dreamland (Northport)</p>

<p>Did Cypress last time. It was awesome. What’s the name of the other BBQ place, didn’t it reopen?</p>

<p>Some on here liked Full Moon but they haven’t re-opened yet. </p>

<p>Archibalds is my favorite but they don’t really have any seating other than 3 chairs at a counter and a couple picnic tables outside. </p>

<p>The northport location of Dreamland has a much broader menu than the original location. Plus it’s much easier to get a table.</p>

<p>Hey, NJ, we’re taking your suggestions. Did Dreamland for lunch and we’re headed to Cypress for dinner!</p>

<p>Malanai, brought the rice cooker from home. I found the cutest sticker at Campus Spirit today. It’s a surf board with the Bama logo! I think they made it just for us :slight_smile: They also have ones that look like rubbah slippas. Ha!</p>

<p>Aloha and Roll Tide, y’all.</p>

<p>I really like Wintzell’s, right next to Dreamland over the bridge in Northport. They have more than just seafood and they usually have a 10% discount for UA students with ID</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.wintzellsoysterhouse.com/[/url]”>http://www.wintzellsoysterhouse.com/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>I think the last person that followed my suggestions ended up in prison. So be careful, Rose :-). Those are always solid eating choices though.</p>

<p>Glad to hear you’re finding Tuscaloosa to be like home!!</p>

<p>A new place that I’ve wanting to try is The Tin Top Restaurant and Oyster Bar by the lake. It’s likely very similar to Wintzell’s as it’s a Gulf/New Orleans style seafood place.</p>

<p>[The</a> Tin Top Restaurant and Oyster Bar](<a href=“http://tintoprestaurant.com/]The”>http://tintoprestaurant.com/)</p>

<p>Full Moon has reopened on Veterans Pkwy just past the Home Depot. Don’t want to start the Dreamland vs Full Moon jihad, but I think we’ll try Full Moon first … Dreamland sometime before Sunday. :)</p>