Bama here we come!

<p>How do you get to the Cypress Inn from the University? We have reservations on Saturday night. Come to think of it, we may be leaving from the Fairfield Inn. Any help appreciated.</p>

<p>Car is packed and we will be leaving at 6am tomorrow. Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>From the Fairfield Inn just take 359 straight up until it runs into Laurleen Wallace Blvd. </p>

<p>Just stay straight and go over the bridge. </p>

<p>Take the first exit on the right once over the bridge and that will be Rice Mine Rd. </p>

<p>Head east down Rice Mine Rd about 2 miles and Cypress Inn will be on your right.</p>

<p>If heading there from campus. </p>

<p>You can take Univ Blvd west towards downtown and make a right on Laurleen Wallace to head over the bridge. Then follow the directions above.</p>

<p>Or you can take Univ Blvd east to McFarland and take McFarland over the bridge. Take the first exit for Rice Mine Rd and then head west on rice mine for about a half mile. Cypress Inn will be on your left.</p>

<p>Edit: When you come out of the Fairfield parking lot make a right onto Skyland and then the first right at the light. That will be 359.</p>

<p>I think Full Moon is only serving catering and take-out at that location. Once they rebuild the restaurant, they will have full dine-in service.</p>

<p>Well I couldn’t stay away, I am going too. I found a reasonable flight so I’m flying down Sat & leaving first thing Monday.</p>

<p>Can I get some reasonable hotel recommendations under $100 if possible please, but nice & with a pool. This is my only vacation all summer. And, decently close to campus.</p>

<p>Thinking of doing Dreamland Sat nite and maybe Cypress on Sun nite. They passed the liquor on Sunday law right? Will S like Cypress or will it be too long & drawn out. I’m sure he will be ready to jetison his parents. Any good brunches on Sunday?</p>

<p>I can confirm Full Moon is only take out currently … But … YUMMY!!!</p>

<p>I remember reading once about some fantastic Sunday brunch place, but can’t find the post…a little help please?
THANKS!</p>

<p>Yes, let us know about the Sunday brunch. Thinking about brunch and early dinner at Cypress Inn.</p>

<p>Not sure what you’re referring to…perhaps Chuck’s Fish?</p>

<p>I know that people have recommended eating at Rama Jama’s for breakfast (IIRC, Joe Scarborough hosted an episode of his show Morning Joe there a couple months ago), but am not sure if that’s the place you’re thinking about.</p>

<p>Rama Jamas isn’t open Sundays I believe?</p>

<p>Shoot! It was Rama Jamas I thinking about, too bad if it is not open on Sunday:(</p>

<p>Just about to load the car and headed to Ttown with S1 and lil bro will come “help” with move-in. I have been so busy that I have not let myself become sentimental nor sad but I feel it coming. I have been counseled that “retail therapy” coupled with a glass of wine is in order upon my return home. I will look forward to that.
We are blessed that S is beyond excited about being a part of The University of Alabama and thankful for everything this University has offered him. S is going to love the big SEC school experience! I did many years ago though the school colors were of a different color!
Thanks for the directions NJB to Cypress Inn. Have reservations for Saturday night and was just about to mapquest it from the Fairfield myself when I saw your post! Hokiefan, we are making the same trek as you I-81 south to FI, S is as Ridgecrest South/North tower as well. Happy travels, everyone!</p>

<p>Safe journey, KMwjes!</p>

<p>We’ll be moving D in tomorrow at Riverside North. Have a great year, everyone -</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Maybe Waysider @1512 Greensboro for breakfast.</p>

<p>Small restaurant but they are known for their biscuits & gravy!
There may be a wait. We visited late on a week day last year and got right in but I could see how this would be a very popular breakfast place!</p>

<p>FYI: They are open on Sunday but closed on Mondays!</p>

<p>Just got back from the airport dropping youngest one off for Bama. Thank goodness he is flying on Southwest Airlines. One bag weighed 39 lbs., the second weighed exactly 50 lbs. I was fortunate to bring his bedding and bulkier items to Tuscaloosa in June when the middle son regents for his Summer Research assignment.<br>
Now the house is way to quiet! My swollen eyes will settle down before I see my guys in October, Right?</p>

<p>Just think of your reduced food bill. That will wipe away the tears and even bring a smile :-)</p>

<p>The Waysider, as omama posted above, is excellent for breakfast.</p>

<p>Update 3: wow, what a day. Visit to campus and the strip. Souvenirs and tshirt requests from home. Target, wow are they ready for the students! I’ve never seen mini-frigs stacked so high. Lol. Chick-fil-a for lunch then the trek to bham BB&B. Back to t-town, Cypress Inn delish, and TCBY. Back in the hotel, move in is 12 hours away! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Well, H got one ticket already- surprise, surprise! The good news is it was only $50. They are about 5-6 hours out, so probably stopping soon. Packing up myself to fly down tomorrow. How is it that I have nothing to wear. I don’t like wearing shorts when I fly, so looking for really cool long comfortable pants, but I don’t seem to have those. Oh well, really excited. Snagged an open room at the Capstone at 1 am this am at a great rate, so looking forward to the trip. Forgot to do the ACT card thing. Will try and find that now.</p>

<p>I thought that flying into T-Town two days before move in would be a mistake and I’d be sitting around with nothing to do – boy, was I wrong! Between trips to Target and Walmart, showing my mom around campus, picking things up at Paty, setting up a PO Box, etc., I haven’t had a moment to relax! All ready to move into Riverside West at 10 AM tomorrow! Luckily my roommate is moving in at 11 and only bringing one car, so I can empty everything at 10 AM then go pick up the suitcases and boxes that wouldn’t fit in the car and be her second car! I couldn’t be more excited for move in!</p>

<p>Dad2ILD, We also ate at the Cypress Inn today at around 5:30. Great service and really enjoyed the food (fried green tomatoes, fried pickles, pasta primavera). Thought we had a room in the back building at HomeTowne Suites, but ended up in the front building. Never again.</p>