Bama iPhone App

<p>UA has officially launched its iPhone App on iTunes for download for all that is interested. It includes campus maps, crimson ride in real time, and a host of other things. I am very impressed so far.</p>

<p>They better get to work on the android app or I’m gonna have a lil talk with Dr Witt :-)</p>

<p>Nice! I’ll make sure that D knows :)</p>

<p>I ditto NJBama’s comments about an android application.</p>

<p>Rest assured, I saw on Twitter that they are working on Blackberry and Android apps</p>

<p>My son who is always trying to convince my wife how safe UA is and well connected the students are with the campus and its staff just showed my wife the UA iphone app then downloaded it on her ipad. She couldnt believe how he could dial several emergency numbers from the app or watch in real time the movement of the Crimson buses. The map even shows his exact location in relation to the surrounding buildings. My wife has now officially run out of reasons not to give him her blessing to attend UA. </p>

<p>Roll Tide</p>

<p>Roll Tide! He’ll even be able to check the status of his laundry or available machines from his dorm. I know some other colleges have this for laundry, but it is still pretty cool. The machines will text him when they finish.</p>

<p>Can it remind him to call or text his mother everyday or at least until the initial shock of him moving out and going to college wears off. Lol. Now that would be a great app.</p>

<p>Lol…I’m sure that would be a very popular app!</p>

<p>… and then my son would develop the ‘anti-app’ and make it available to all his roommates for free, sigh.</p>

<p>^^too funny!</p>

<p>I bet if it shut down his PS3 or gave him an odor that ALL the bama girls find repulsive he’d call her more times than a telemarketeer at dinner time calls…lol. Too much</p>

<p>As in - “Mom! I need a new PS3 and for gosh’s sake, tell me how to get that <em>Auburn</em> smell off of me!!!”</p>

<p>Ah…Auburn…the “A” word. Two young women i work with go back and forth with each other when Alabama beats i mean plays Auburn. Its actually pretty funny watch them go at it. Just a fun crazy rivalry between them.</p>

<p>Our D2 was very distraught to find yet another piece of mail in the mailbox today inviting her to the orange and blue school…she doesn’t do orange.:)</p>

<p>NOBODY looks good in orange.</p>