Bama Laundry Service

<p>What is this laundry service? I’ve been doing my own laundry for a little while and I’ll be on the 4th floor of RCSN so I’ll probably end up doing my own.</p>

<p>If you’re on a floor with laundry, it’s much easier to do your laundry…especially if you can do a few loads simultaneously.</p>

<p>I haven’t heard much about this service this year so I don’t know if it’s still in operation. I think the service picked up at certain locations and delivered to certain locations. </p>

<p>It’s quite pricey, so if money is an issue, do your own laundry.</p>

<p>I know that students are busy and some have issues that preclude them from doing their own, but most kids can find time to do their laundry…even if it’s while studying at the same time. </p>

<p>My kids each had at least two weeks of underwear, socks, and tops when they went to college so they could go two weeks without doing laundry if needed. and, two stacks of towels…one stack white and one stack blue.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>socks, underwear and shirts I understand. one stack of blue and one stack of white towels? Not sure the reasoning behind the two colors of towels (but understand the need for 2 stacks!).</p>

<p>Bama Laundry. <a href=“https://www.universitylaundry.com/alabama/home/learnmore[/url]”>https://www.universitylaundry.com/alabama/home/learnmore&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>socks, underwear and shirts I understand. one stack of blue and one stack of white towels? Not sure the reasoning behind the two colors of towels (but understand the need for 2 stacks!).</p>

<p>I actually got this tip from another Dorm packing list. And, I forgot to mention that the undies should also be a mix of whites and coloreds. The reason is this. If for some reason you can only do one load of laundry (maybe the other machines are being used), you can do a load (either whites or coloreds) and still end up with some clean undies and towels.</p>

<p>There’s an Ipod app that will tell you the color of items:-) I don’t remember the name, but I saw it on a list of apps for people with vision problems.</p>

<p>My son is on the 4th floor in RCS-S so he will be doing his own laundry. He’ll be starting basic training soon :)</p>

<p>Hey, Im a recent Baylor grad, previous user of service, and now an employee of the company that runs the programs on behalf of the Universities.</p>

<p>I just read your post and the replies about our laundry service about SMU. I’m glad you are interested in service. </p>

<p>Most choose the program for two main reasons. One, the University will encourage your student be involved in lots of activities outside of their academic demands. I always felt there were more important ways to spend time than doing my own laundry. The time commitment for using the dorm machines is much greater than doing laundry in an apartment or at home. Second, it’s a great insurance policy for the investment in wardrobes they’ve made. We take the responsibility for cleaning, not the students.</p>

<p>I hope this helps. I’d be happy to answer more I hope this helps. Feel free to call us at 888-590-9274, just ask for Ryan.</p>

<p>I am in the group “have them do their own laundry”. I would think that most students have been doing their own laundry before going to college, I sure hope so, but if not, just teach them the basics this summer (there’s still time). :)</p>

<p>I recommend both a steamer and an iron as they are each good for different items. Steamers are great to freshen up dress clothes but irons are great for that just pressed, crisp look. Don’t forget an ironing board and cover.</p>

<p>Also a dring rack is very handy for those jeans and other items that you don’t want to shrink. The dorm dryers get VERY hot, so be careful with delicate items.</p>

<p>Doing laundry at the dorm is cheap and convenient, the machines will even message you when your laundry is done.</p>