Bama Laundry service

<p>We just received mail today from the Bama Laundry service offering their services. I couldn’t find anywhere their instructional video on “how to do your own laundry because Mommy isn’t going to be doing it anymore”. Lol</p>

<p>Too funny! On paper this service does sound fantastic, where you can drop off your laundry anywhere the trucks are on campus. (Kinda like Redbox.) But the $500-800 you will save by doing your own laundry is worth every bit of effort to LEARN HOW TO DO YOUR OWN LAUNDRY.</p>

<p>We got that in the mail yesterday as well…provided a good laugh for us (the parents that is :)</p>

<p>D would like sign up for Bama Laundry, her money, her choice, however she is concerned about them ruining her clothes. So she will do it herself and find a reliable wash n fold for when she is short on time.</p>

<p>My wife has to hang dry all my sons shirts to avoid shrinkage. He’s 6’4", he needs the extra length and can’t afford any shrinkage with his tshirts in particular. My wife will send a small collapsible clothes dryer.</p>

<p>NYBAMA my H is 6’5" I feel your wife’s pain. D also hang dries lots of clothes and we got a great deal on a drying rack at Home Goods.</p>

<p>Everyone says the driers run HOT in the dorms, so beware! I’ve toyed with the idea of sending an oil-filled heated towel rack - we have them for our towels in the bathrooms, but you can also hang clothes on them. The towels in the dorms do not dry if left in the shower part of the bathrooms! Yuck. S was told to bring his towel into his room in order to dry it out, but that ‘habit’ fell by the wayside about a couple weeks into the school year…and he just put up with a continuously damp towel. Ick, right?</p>

<p>Sounds like I am not the only one who hangs up “tall people” clothes. I am 5’11, DH is 6’4 and DS is 6’5 and we have a hard time finding affordable tall clothes for all of us! I think our DS plans to go to his sister’s apartment and use her washer/dryer or pay her to do his clothes for him. It will be interesting to see what happens!</p>

<p>I’m thinking a medium sized collapsible dryer with a portable Vornado fan aimed at it should do the trick.We were sending the fan down anyway.</p>