Bama Laundry

<p>So, do those color catchers allow you to wash reds with other colors? I had bought some on the advice of a “thrifty” mom, but son never used them. He was into his routine of washing his reds separately. His favorite color to wear has always been red, thank goodness, so he usually has enough reds for at least a small load.</p>

<p>The color catchers work very well.</p>

<p>However, I wouldn’t trust them with the first wash of a red garment or a navy/blk garment…simply because those garments are “over-dyed”. </p>

<p>I remember wearing a pair of dk wash jeans to dinner one night…the pants had never been washed. I had my hands in my lap. When I went to eat, my hands had dye powder all over them. It all washed out in the sink, but I wouldn’t have wanted that with other clothes in a washer.</p>

<p>Certainly after a red garment has been washed a few times, it’s safe to trust the Color Catcher.</p>

<p>And…I always use a color catcher when washing white/color striped items!!!</p>

<p>Ha Ha m2ck on the dark wash jeans. I wore new ones out one night got home very late, some alcohol may have been consumed and forgot about it. I woke up the next morning, didn’t feel great and I thought I had a serious problem like a heart issue since my hands are blue (terrible family history) I washed them, shook them and they were still blue. A couple of hours later I remembered about the jeans and I got a scrubber and it finally came off. Of course, my family won’t every let me forget it.</p>

<p>Bumping to ask if someone can share where the dry cleaner about a mile from campus is.</p>

<p>I think there are several…
[tuscaloosa</a> dry cleaners - Google Search](<a href=“tuscaloosa dry cleaners - Google Search”>tuscaloosa dry cleaners - Google Search)</p>

<p>^Thanks - but as I am directionally challenged, I was hoping someone could point out which one was closest, for my child who has already worn all his dress shirts at various events this past week but does not have a car to drive to the cleaners.</p>

<p>do you want a dry cleaner, or a laundry? There is a laundry down the strip, kind of behind another store (saw it when we were there). Has a drop off service. I did not see a dry cleaner, but I am sure there is one close w/i walking distance.</p>

<p>I would guess this one: 1300 Paul W Bryant Drive Tuscaloosa, AL 35401‎
1300 Paul W Bryant DriveUSALTuscaloosa35401
Edit details(205) 342-3344</p>

<p>one stop laundry is the name.</p>

<p>Thanks. A dry cleaner or a laundry that would press, either would work. Even though he is armed with a tabletop ironing board, an iron and spray starch, I shudder to think what the end result might be if he tries this at home.</p>

<p>Ok, so back to the HE detergent. I bought son some Tide pods. I have no idea whether or not they are HE. He has done laundry twice (band camp…been there almost 2 weeks already). Hasn’t said anything about a bad smell or too many suds. Should I send him to Target for HE detergent and color catchers or just leave it alone?</p>

<p>I bought the tide pods, as well. The bag said they would work in HE and regular machines. My D has only washed once and had no complaint.</p>

<p>The Tide pods are fine for HE.</p>

<p>The stores were out of Tide pods (or any pods) because it seems that students (or moms) are loading their carts with them for students. lol That was a few days ago, likely been restocked at this point. but it was funny to walk down detergent aisles and see large empty shelves where the pods and other laundry convenience items are stocked.</p>

<p>we picked up the pods in Birmingham, luckily. And they did have that they worked for HE and regular washers. So I felt comfortable getting them even though we did not know the type of washer on campus.</p>

<p>Took DS for laundry lesson before leaving UA. After painstakingly leading him through the steps, we got to the ‘swipe card’ stage and electronics whiz DS suddenly sprang to life, elbowing me aside (as I wondered aloud where the swiper was) muttering “Mom, I got this, I <em>got</em> this”!</p>

<p>He then whipped out his action card, and confidently held it, stripe side out, facing the coin slot.</p>

<p>Gotta love first laundry day.</p>

<p>Color Catchers are your friend! I put one in every load and I am amazed at the dye they catch. My son loves them too!</p>