Bama Theater Program

<p>Although I won’t be a theater major, I am interested in the theater program at Bama. Acting has always been a passion of mine. I have held a few leads in high school plays, but I know that means just about nothing when you’re going up against incredibly talented people that have been studying theater and are planning on making a career out of it. I’m wondering if anyone knows what my chances are of at least getting INVOLVED in a production? </p>

<p>I know it’s hard to gauge never having seen an audition, but basically I’m just asking how tough is it to get very small roles and just be involved? Are theater majors favored? Are students with seniority favored? How time consuming is this commitment? How many performances (strictly theatrical) does the program put on per year? </p>

<p>I know Alabama’s theater program is extremely impressive. Is it worth a shot? And if it doesn’t work out, does anyone have other suggestions for those that have a passion for acting?</p>

<p>Personally, I do not know how hard it is to get an acting position without being in that major.</p>

<p>I do know that the engineers have an acting/singing/musical group that allows other majors to participate.</p>