Bank of choice?

<p>So I'm going to be opening a bank account seen and want to know if there is some good banks on campus that offer some good deals to the students? I hear the bank of choice for A&M students is Wells Fargo. If so, why?
I'm opening a checking account and possibly a savings one as well.</p>

<p>My gf uses Aggieland Credit Union. She has had no problem with them, they just charge a lot if you forget to transfer money from your Savings to your Checking. Other than that they’re good. There’s a location in Northgate and one on SW Parkway, just off of Texas Ave.</p>

<p>Are there ATMs on campus? DD uses B of A here at home and it sure would be nice to not have to switch!</p>

<p>I believe Wells Fargo is a sponsor is why. Its nice though; close locations to campus, they are MUCH more user friendly than my hometown local bank (nice and easy website with useful stuff on it) and they even give you a ninfty A&M card! I recently got upgraded on my savings account with a higher interest rate, and after a year of good credit payments, they upped my credit limit too.</p>

<p>There are ATMs on campus, but I believe they are wells fargo and charge a small fee for non WF cards. I believe there are BoA locations around the school</p>

<p>Just checked the Wells Fargo website. Very good services for college students. Will probably switch DD over! Thanks.</p>

<p>A&M is becoming more Chase friendly next year from what I’ve heard.</p>

<p>Wells Fargo seems to be the bank of choice on campus. Their ATM machines are at several locations on campus. There is a branch located at Northgate. The school claims, if they owe you any money, you get your money faster if you bank through Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo offers free checking with no minimum after you open it as long as you have a savings account with I believe $50 dollars in it. </p>

<p>Since the reopening of the MSC, there is now a Chase branch located inside with an ATM.</p>

<p>My son will be a freshman this fall, and we thought it would be convenient for his bank to have branches at both school and home. Wells Fargo does not have retail banking here in Pennsylvania. Are there other prominent national banks near the campus in College Station?</p>

<p>Also wondering about Aggieland Credit Union, which derekallen2009 mentioned above. Apparently they are part of a national network of credit unions that are “service centers” for each other. There are many credit unions close to us. Does anyone reading this have experience or opinion about that?</p>

<p>Thanks for any help; we’d like to take care of this during NSC next week.</p>

<p>Chase and Bank of America qualify as “prominent”, but they don’t have branches here either.</p>

<p>whydoicare, there is a Citibank near campus. </p>

<p>There are a couple of Aggieland Credit Unions around College Station. One location is in Northgate. Which is right on top of the campus. The Aggieland Credit Union is part of this network of credit unions. You might want to check with them to see if any credit unions by you are part of their credit union network. The credit union network limits you to just (I believe) deposits and withdrawals.</p>