Banner Program?

<p>So I got a letter from UW yesterday that said I was accepted into the Banner Program. I know this is for OOS students (I'm from Minnesota, didn't realize that made me oos with reciprocity) who are financially limited, and I am really excited! It says that I will have four years of college payments covered. What I am wondering is how much of that is gift aid and how much will be in loans. According to the letter most of it comes from grants, but I do get work study (15 to 20 hrs/week...I'm really happy about this!). Also, is the Pell Grant and other FAFSA grants part of this or is that a seperate thing? Thanks for any and all help!</p>

<p>CONGRATS!!! im OOS too from MA and im hoping to get the banner program too…do you mind if i ask your stats/efc?</p>

<p>thanks a ton and sorry i cant answer your questions!</p>

<p>What is the banner program? is there like a website link?</p>

<p>@mcfuggie: My stat really aren’t very impressive (3.999 uw gpa and a 28 act). I think it is more by how much $ your family makes (My EFC was 0). Good luck! I hope you get it too! </p>

<p>@Jenny1Penny: If you look under the financial aid in the UW website it talks about banner (just search banner program on wisc.edu and you will find it) . Basically it is a program for really financially stressed out of state students. They cover pretty much everything through grants and loans.</p>

<p>ahh dammit!! my efc is about 800$ or something…:frowning: </p>

<p>also, im asian…which is not a URM… :(</p>

<p>thanks so much for the info</p>

<p>Congrats! I’m in FasTrack which is the same program for Wisconsin residents. It’s so unbelievably nice. :slight_smile: If it’s the same you should get a small loan ($1500, feel free to not take it - they give you more than you need, trust me) which will go up by like $500 per year, but the rest is grants.</p>

<p>One thing you should know is that work-study is not just handed to you. You must find a job, get a job, you don’t get special preference because you’re in the program. You should be able to pay for everything essential without working, but you do have to go out and find the job.</p>

<p>RoxSox: Let me get this straight (as this sounds too good):If they are the same then I only have to take out $9000 in loans (optional) for four years of school?! That is all I would have to pay out of pocket?</p>

<p>Is the Banner Program only available for freshmen?</p>