Barber Shops / Hair Stylist

Okay, this may seem a little bit off topic but I will ask anyway. I decided I will be attending the University of Pennsylvania. Can anyone who attends recommend any good barber shops nearby?

I am so glad to see this - I was following the other thread and noticed the Penn logo. My D is a junior this year (profile pic is her outside freshman housing entrance.) She had one really bad experience getting her hair blown out, but usually wears it natural. Philly is a great city, you will find a good barber!

Thank you for the info. Finding a really good barber can sometimes be hard to find, so when I do find one I try to stick with them.

My DD has an internship with a congressman in DC this summer, then has to be in Singapore by August 3 for fall semester at NUS. She thinks she want to have her hair braided, to avoid the necessary upkeep. I told her DC is probably a great place to find a good shop - let’s hope.

I can’t answer the question for you, but it’s Philadelphia! You’ll have plenty of good options.

DC too! DC has lots of black people - lots of good barber shops and hair salons. She can easily find a place to get her hair braided there. It’s likely that on the Hill she’ll meet some other black woman with braided hair - I’d just ask her. (That’s what I did in Seattle, where it is much harder!)