Barnard ED 2024

CAN’T WAIT

Anyone here applying for the Science Pathways Scholars Program and know a little more about the program than what is said on the website/have some tips? Also how are y’all coming up with your woman for that one essay? I have a lot of options but don’t want to seem “basic”.

omg someone finally started the thread i’ve been waiting for. ed squadd

has anyone else done their interview yet?

Oh we’re starting early early this year haha! I’ve spent the past two years scouring the Ed barnard threads and it’s weird to be part of one now… good luck to everyone!

im so excited good luck everyone!!! (:

does anyone know if barnard bound increases your chances of getting in? I got into barnard bound yesterday and I’m super excited!

congrats megan! it probably demonstrates interest, so i bet it’ll look good on the app. how early is everyone going to submit apps?

I applied ED last year and got in! I submitted my application 3 days before Nov. 1 but worked on my Common App and Barnard supplements for abt two months. Btw, the acceptance rate for class of 2023 was 11% and is getting more competitive each year as more people start learning about Barnard. Barnard College is an amazing institution with a strong community of
powerful and inspiring women, even without the resources of Columbia University. Best of luck to you!!

How are you all going about the “who depends on you” question Barnard added this year? I feel like I have a pretty good idea about how to write it but I’m worried about the response being cliche

I found that question at first when common app opened, but now I can’t find it anymore. what section is it in?

Hi! I am applying for Barnard ED as well :’) glad to know this is here!!

Yay! Also applying ED. Good luck to everyone!

can you find the prompt on the common app anymore? I dont htink its there

let’s goooo

No, it is not on the common app. I don’t think there’s actually a 3rd prompt.

Interviews opened about a week ago and I’m really grateful I had the privilege to snag one. Anyone else doing an on-campus interview? I saw they also have the option to sit in on a class so that’s exciting!

Does anyone know when they’re opening the off-campus interviews? I know the website says ‘late August to early September’ but I’m looking for an exact date.

I am doing an on-campus interview, as well. I didn’t see the option to sit in on a class, where can i find that?

you can sit in a class- register through the website! I attended 3 and it was super fun 100% recommend :slight_smile: