Barnard Transfer Fall 2023

Hi all, I haven’t yet seen a thread for barnard transfer for fall of 2023 and thought it’d be nice to make one!

5 Likes

glad this is here

1 Like

Does anyone know whether they are looking for a general subject for essay two or a specific class? I want to give a very specific and niche answer that I came up with, but the wording of the prompt is so formal that it is throwing me off.

Hey, I think the more specific/detailed you are the better. It would show you have a very clear focus for the seminar and there is certain field within a general subject that you are really interested in. If anything you could mention the general field and then go into the specific area you want to talk about.

1 Like

for transfer credits, do classes that align with Columbia courses count?

1 Like

also, do they accept AP credits?

Here the credit transfer policy (incl. AP):
https://barnard.edu/transfer-credits

Here a list of AP classes and their equivalent courses:
https://barnard.edu/apscores
https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/getting-credit-placement/search-policies/college/34#

1 Like

Barnard accepts AP tests, but mostly what they do is exempt a student from an easier class so that they can take a higher level. For example, my first year used her Calculus AB score to place into calc 2. She needs 1 and 2 for her major. But she will still need another course to meet the “Thinking Quantitatively” requirement.

1 Like

AP credits will also help satisfying some general education requirements, thus freeing up your weekly schedule so that you’re able to take more interesting/desirable courses, or courses from specific professors, that otherwise might clash.

1 Like

Is anyone applying with aid? also, did anyone log into their applicant portal yet? mine is saying i haven’t started an app yet even tho i submitted everything on common app already - I’m so confused…

Hey, it takes a little bit of time for the financial aid and a couple of other documents like your supplemental, course descriptions, etc. to upload. It should process soon, but if it takes over a week or two I would email them about it.

Good luck to everyone applying!!

1 Like

I just got mine today.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is and when decisions come out? It is rolling right?

In the latest Common Data Set (which covers Fall 2021 transfers), 191 out of 865 were admitted (22%), in the year prior 232 applications out of 841 (27%) were admitted for the Fall 2020 transfers.

They list 5/1 as decision date and do NOT list rolling decision.

Does anyone know where we should submit Midterm reports? I tried to through the portal but the upload section did not have this as a category and they are not responding to my email :frowning:

i’m so nervous for results. i’m looking back on my essays and they’re worse than i thought when i submitted :frowning:

You need to send it to them via email, it’s a self-report. I emailed mine to the transfer@barnard.edu address and I received an email that they accepted it today.

But they said online that its supposed to be completed and emailed by the professors. I was planning on reporting the scores and emailing them myself but now im confused.

Do we have a discord for Barnard Transfer fall?

I emailed it to them and they accepted it with no problem. It’s shown as completed now too on the application status portal.

2 Likes