Barnard Transfer Fall 2023

not really, but the later your wave is the more rejections there are. i don’t know though because barnard doesn’t seems like its doing rolling but from this they also might be?

i think they are doing rolling because thats what their website said, although idk how reliable that is because they also said they would release decisions after 5/1

i think they are still reviewing the materials since this friday my additional college transcript suddenly disappeared from the portal and it came back yesterday. So probably they haven’t finished decisions yet.

Last year - once the 1st year commit deadline had passed, and they had been busy the first week of May to reach out to 1st-year waitlists, they then moved on to release transfer decisions (remember - limited staff, so they have to stagger their projects).

When decisions were released last year (Barnard Transfer Fall 2022 - #223 by Giraffe6), 2nd week of May, they were accepted, denied or “waitlist”. Come June, unless someone de-committed, one would not expect movement.

If they follow the same procedures, one would get a definite response. In that case, NO response would NOT mean “denied” - it likely just means they haven’t finalized their decisions yet.

When are deposits due?

Has anyone heard back already today 5/1?

are you a transfer and then got admitted to barnard? because transfer decisions should be out may 1st onwards

Haven’t heard back yet!

i haven’t heard. i think we can expect the wave for this friday

Do you think they only release decisions on Fridays?

1 Like

typically they release the first wave of decisions the first friday in May, then Saturday, and then the following Friday

Interesting, i don’t think they released anything on Saturday, but they did release last Friday based on comments

can someone link the reddit pls

https://www.reddit.com/r/TransferToTop25/hot/

someone else got in today

I just got my acceptance a little bit ago!!!

Just got waitlisted

Waitlisted! Does anyone know if waitlisted applicants get off for transfers? And also, is the waitlist update form the same as basically a LOCI?

Got accepted today!! I am soooo happy Barnard is my dream school

Some people will have more than one transfer application going - and will only be able to enroll at one. I wouldn’t hold out for it - but yes, they might need to access the waitlist.