Barnard Transfer Fall 2023

if i haven’t heard back at all, should I assume rejection?

No, don’t assume anything until you get a response. Barnard is most likely waiting to see how many admitted transfer students commit, typically students are given a week to respond. Given the first wave went out last Friday, hopefully there will be another wave tomorrow or Saturday morning. It’s not over until it is over!

2 Likes

Has anyone ever transferred with aid? I’m reading some threads and it looks super low so I’m wondering if I should even have hope bc it seems like aid is the most determining factor

I suspect the question is whether/to what degree the financial aid budget for this fall has been exhausted (or not).

Colleges might have a certain figure in their financial planning for a year. Then, after some RD students with financial aid enroll elsewhere, freeing up amounts, and any FA impact of those coming off the first-year’s wait list is clear - then they have the facts at hand to make sure that the financial aid needs of any transfer application they would like to admit can indeed be met.

So at some point in the process, FA needs could become the deciding factor.

That’s pretty much what “need aware” means.

In general, what you’re saying is true. The reality in this situation, though, is that Barnard is notoriously unfriendly towards aid in transfer admissions, more so than other need ware schools. Even if the first-year class hardly needed aid, the transfer admissions would remain focused on those who are full-pay.

I got waitlisted and I applied for aid. I’m upper middle class

does anyone know when the next release date is

Have you seen some people on threads that have gotten in with aid ?

Has anyone else not heard anything yet? I really hope this doesn’t mean rejection :frowning:

I haven’t heard anything :frowning: My withdraw button is gone today though so maybe another wave today? :crossed_fingers:

I haven’t heard anything either

some people just heard. I still haven’t.

1 Like

I got rejected… and I applied for aid.

rejected today. no aid. crushed.

Me too! So excited! Congrats!

Got rejected, applied for aid

Did you need a lot of aid

Does anyone know any transfers in the past who got off the waitlist ? After scrolling through the past college confidential threads, I only saw one who posted they got off the waitlist