Barnard Waitlist 2027

Start to another week of deafening silence. Hope there is a silver lining for all of us who are holding our breath :exploding_head:

2 Likes

last year apparently they sent out rejections for people seeking aid and then left those who didn’t need aid hanging for some more time before they officially rejected everyone.

I’m wondering if there will be another wave depending on how many rejected their waitlist offer. i know of two people who rejected their offer. not sure how long barnard gave people to respond to their offer but maybe they’ll contact people after that day so they can get a sight of how many people they need to contact. I’m hopelessly optimistic though

A lot of waitlist candidates were offered admission right after May 1st when other ivies didn’t move on their waitlist. Wondering how Barnard was able to move so quickly. Perhaps they are still sorting through the RD declines like other ivies? The first wave was to bridge some holes from low acceptance rate with less applicants as compared to last year?

Would be my guess, too. If other Ivy’s had admitted their usual “extra n-%”, then anyone who didn’t enroll by 5/1 was just “dipping” into that padding, but not yet down to the target class size.

Barnard seemed to me to have admitted fewer, so on 5/1 they didn’t have those same reserves, and instead accessed their waitlist right-away. Doesn’t matter to the college; they’ll still fill their class, but they also get to “feature” a lower acceptance rate. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Okay, so there was a TikTok on my fyp that came up from a senior who works in Barnard admissions. She said “ask me anything and I’ll try to answer it, I work in admissions” and so I asked if there would be another wave of decisions and she said yes

3 Likes

You are keeping our hopes alive :innocent:. Thanks!

Did anyone else receive an email this morning asking to fill out an interest form?

I got the email! But I don’t think I’ll be able to afford the tuition but we’ll see. I might just get the acceptance letter to update my college list then potentially reject their offer and continue on with my plans of transferring to columbia

For those of you who got the letter today - are you full pay?

I put full pay as an experiment to see if I would get in so I’m full pay apparently for that year

I’m full need! I got a letter in the email what does it mean?

No! I applied for financial aid

Does the urgent reply email mean you’ve been admitted? I got one this morning 🪿

What does the urgent reply email mean? I got one today but I’m trying not to keep my hopes up lol

If not every waitlist applicant on the waitlist received it I’m assuming they sent the email out to potential offers

Ohh okay thank you so much! I got an email to put a call time but I’m scared cuz I’ve always been told that full need low income applicants have slim chances of getting off of the waitkist

I absolutely get you. I felt my heart drop when I got their notification in my email :sob:

Are you full need too? :face_holding_back_tears: I literally couldn’t fill out the form without shaking lol

YESSS me too. I’m also full need and I had tried to move on and love the school I committed to but Barnard is the dream.

IKR!! I was attending a first year webinar for my uni literally yesterday and I was like “if I get off the waitlist I’m going to be sad to go” then I get this email this morning :sob:. Barnard is the dream! If I get off do u think they’ll waive the enrollment deposit?