Barnard Waitlist 2027

I mean I thought they would be more affordable than Barnard since they have a larger endowment

Run the NPCs (net price calculators) for both schools to get cost estimates, both are highly accurate for most families.

Meanwhile I hope you have fallen in love with the school you are committed to attend this Fall, and that it’s also affordable. Good luck.

1 Like

But both will meet need.

Would indeed be interesting to hear from the occasional candidate offered admission to both CC and BC, to see how different (or not) the bottoms line had been after F.A.

One thing’s for certain - as a transfer student you’d be paying one or two semesters less at Columbia (unless of course, you end up never being admitted the next time around.)

Ik someone who is full need and got into both and got offered $4k yearly for barnard and a full ride to Columbia. Columbias more well endowed than Barnard is so she got offered more $$$ from them. Ultimately, she committed to brown.

1 Like

hoping barnard sends out rejection letters soon so I don’t frantically refresh my email every morning anymore lol :sweat_smile:

I’m confused :sob: does the email mean you got in? I thought it was just an iodate

Barnard “meets full need with loans” aka they have you take out $2k in loans and $2k in work-study (or $4k in loans) every year. Which is not bad but not as great as the schools that meet full need without loans.

1 Like

You should reject them! I remember you from the beginning of this ride and I think it stinks that they have not contacted you yet.

Yeah! If I got into Barnard w that package I’d take it cuz it’s still really good Oml. $8k at the end of 4 years Vs my unis $22k at the end of four years is a lot better

But thank you so much for clarifying! I have a better idea of what my package might look like

yeah this whole process has been nothing but disappointing for me after years of effort so it’s expected atp :sob: I want them to send me an email so bad lol

2 Likes

No! Don’t get discouraged! I promise it’ll all work out for the best for you! 🩵 you’re very amazing and talented! I follow u on tiktok and you’re so inspiring. You’re going to effectuate positive change wherever you go

They probably won’t till July (I asked them and they said everyone who isn’t accepted will get an email late July or earlier). I also remember you from the beginning and it does suck that they haven’t chosen you yet but it’s probably for reasons outside of your control.

They’re in the last stages where they curate the class and meet their IPs (institutional priorities). So acceptance right now probably means you had an attribute they wanted (type of school, POC, region, FGLI, etc.).

1 Like

I hope you get an offer, but it could be as simple as they have too many people from your region right now. Or your major. It is clear that you will thrive where ever you go and though Barnard seems like your dream now, you will be a star at any school. You have the drive and talent, don’t let this define you.

2 Likes

No financial aid offered, but we didn’t even ask for it, knowing that asking for it would reduce the chances

Thank you!! I hope this process treated you well too! Hoping that it happens somehow but I know it’s a lost cause now

Has anyone who got an email yesterday gotten a call or another email confirming the time yet?

So just to clarify, are they accepting students on the waitlist that need aid too now?

I haven’t gotten any news since the email yesterday morning.

Assuming that the email sent out yesterday means an acceptance soon, yes. (official acceptances have not been confirmed yet)

1 Like