Barnard Waitlist 2027

They probably will not allow you to apply for financial aid since you were expected to declare this before decisions were released.

1 Like

It is very difficult to transfer to CC or from CC to BC. You need to demonstrate a compelling academic reason that somehow cannot be met at Barnard. It’s somewhat easier to transfer from CC to BC as only BC has Athena and other women only programs. Even then we are only taking about a few students each year.

I had a daughter at Barnard and son at Columbia and the FA packages were almost identical, in fact Barnard’s was slightly better as Columbia is more expensive. Barnard did include a $2k loan but Columbia made my son do more work-study.

But did they transfer there or was it first year? Because bow they’re need aware for transfers plus no guaranteed housing

Yeah I agree. My Barnard package is so good. I’m low income and I got off of the wl. I took out federal loans (only abt $3k) and I have a full ride.

I also have work study as well. I think it’s easier to transfer from CC to BC but it’s not east to transfer from BC to CC only because they’re all the same college at the end of the day under the same umbrella. Current BC students told me they tried to transfer to CC but a plethora of them got rejected

Congratulations on your admission to BC. Happy to hear that you got the FA you were looking for.

1 Like

It is exceptionally difficult to transfer either way.The reason is simple: both Barnard and Columbia College are part of Columbia University. To transfer you must have valid academic reasons. Barnard accepts a couple CC students each year who wish to participate in Athena but even then the vast majority of applications are rejected.

2 Likes

They were both first years. Getting admitted as a transfer student is very difficult and while Columbia College says it provides FA to transfer students, students I have spoken with say it is far less generous than for first year students. Plus, be aware: what they calculate your need to be, and what you believe it to be, can be very different. Transfers also get the dregs of housing at Columbia.

So when do you think rejections will start coming out? Because I rlly need them to so I can move on entirely. It feel like torture.

Probably not until late July or august because they keep the waitlist open in case a student decides to defer enrollment/take absence or can no longer attend, which is usually rare but can happen. There is very minimal activity during this time so it’s best to move on :frowning:

2 Likes

Has anyone else gotten off so far ?

Nah and I don’t think it’s going to happen considering that the entire class is full. Better to cut your losses and move on. Pretend like you just got rejected and either fall in love with your current institution or maybe start planning out your transfer application if you really want to go there for undergrad

1 Like

Welp I got my rejection email. I guess it’s because I switched back to asking for fin aid. I guess this is the first signs of them starting to reject people from the wl because their class is full. Now this is definitely sign for those who haven’t gotten the email yet to start moving on

1 Like

Got the rejection email as well. Just glad to not have to worry about the waitlist anymore. Good luck to everyone on their journeys :heart:

1 Like

Haven’t gotten anything yet but at this point I know it’s a rejection and I’ve moved on! Good luck everyone :heart:

My daughter also got officially rejected off the waitlist yesterday. We need financial aid, so this is how we expected it to end. The school she chose is perfect for her and all will work out, but I’m still disheartened at how Barnard prioritizes full pay students.

Exactly one of the main reasons why I would rather try to transfer to Columbia instead if BU doesn’t work out because they’re also need aware in that process as well. Barnard just doesn’t have the funds that Columbia has to support their applicants financial wise (obviously there are exceptions) :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

There was supposed to be a second wave of admits from the waitlist. Not sure if the second wave happened for anyone.

Really ? Did you hear that from thé admissions office ?