Barnard Waitlist 2027

I was referring to issusee’s post from May. I have pasted the post below:

“May 16 - Okay, so there was a TikTok on my fyp that came up from a senior who works in Barnard admissions. She said “ask me anything and I’ll try to answer it, I work in admissions” and so I asked if there would be another wave of decisions and she said yes”

1 Like

I think that 2nd wave of admissions happened already back in late May - Early June. It’s already almost time for move in so I don’t think they’ll be anymore waves. Better off to prepare for transferring if you really want to go there. The common app and coalition app for transfers/first years just opened up two days ago so maybe you can start drafting your essays now before things get too hectic and it’s time to focus fully on your current school. That’s what I’m doing for Columbia

I think the problem is with the image of a “wave”.

The number admitted from the waitlist is already small - so the immediate acceptances that happen as soon as the enrollment deadline has passed is “noticeable” in volume.

Then, as a few enrolled people manage to get off the waitlist elsewhere in the other colleges’ first “waves”, there’ll be another “ripple” to re-fill those spots that will hardly be noticed. And after that, it’s an occasional one-by-one trickle when something unforeseen happens to an enrollment.

In short - that second “ripple” happened many weeks ago, but just flew under the radar.

Yeah but the likelihood of that happening so late in the game is slim to none. As you said, waitlist acceptances are far few in between already. I honestly doubt that there will be anymore acceptances. Especially now that AOs need to prepare for selecting the future members of Class of 2028 plus any transfers that choose to join Class of 2027 or 2026 (Junior Transfers)

1 Like

My D finally received the inevitable rejection. It was great to interact with y’all.

1 Like

Mine was also in my spam folder from 4 days ago haha! I knew it was coming. Onto the next chapter

1 Like