basecamp-anyone been on a trip?

<p><a href="http://www.wisconsinbasecamp.org/index.php%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.wisconsinbasecamp.org/index.php&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>It looks really fun! I am wondering if anyone recommends it!</p>

<p>New program (started last summer) for those who like canoeing or backpacking, 5 sessions for 10 people each from what I just read. Good locations for the trips. Had never heard of it.</p>

<p>Don't forget the Deep Woods Off if you go. Trust me.</p>

<p>Insect</a> Bites - Bug Bites By OFF! ®</p>

<p>ahaha i believe it. i used to go to a wilderness camp every summer in the BWCA in northern minnesota and i used quite a bit of that...
i think i am for sure going on this trip. it looks like a great way to start the year</p>

<p>do a BASECAMP trip- you will not regret it. i went this summer and had a blast. as an out of stater, i didn't know many people going to UW and after a week of camping, canoeing and having fun on the wisconsin river, i literally made 8 new best friends who i reconnected with right from the moment i stepped back on campus. it was great to have a group of friends like that especially during the beginning few months where its overwhelming to be meeting so many new people. although i made some friends at soar (which in my opinion, is kind of too short and awkward to establish serious connections with people) my basecampers have been some of my closest and most down to earth friends. the trip itself is fun and action packed but the people you go with will set the tone and truly make a difference in your life. i know i'm going on and starting to sound cheesy but i cannot recommend basecamp highly enough. if you are interested volleysnap or have any questions about the trip- let me know and i'd be more than happy to help :)</p>

<p>I agree completely with LALeah! The basecamp trip was a great way to get to know eight other incoming freshman before even arriving on campus. I, too, came from out of state and didn't know all that many people coming from my high shcool. It was nice to get on campus and know people, but not have these people neccessarily be from my high school. The other incoming freshman you meet will be great friends not only throughout your freshman year, but throughout college as well. The leaders on the trip are also amazing, and are great resources to have once on campus. When I arrived in Madison, I already felt as though I had a foundation of friends that could then be expanded upon. The trip itself is a ton of fun and a something exciting to do during the summer. I encourage everyone to try it out!!<br>
Feel free to ask any questions you may have!</p>