Basketball?

I’m a huge college basketball fan thinking about attending UA next year. I know football is obviously huge, but do a lot of students go to the basketball games?

Yes, the games are very well attended. The coach is very popular, too.

Coach is Avery Johnson of Spurs fame (and other teams). His son Avery Jr is also on the roster. The BB arena is where graduation is held - nice jumbo-trons, and not a bad seat in the house, IMO. Tickets here: http://www.rolltide.com/sports/2016/6/10/tickets-m-baskbl-html.aspx

I recall hearing that the student section was completely full (sold out*) at some of the games last season. Definitely an “up and coming” sport at UA! *Note that basketball games are free for UA students.

^ WOW, did not know games were free for students! Thanks for clarifying @amy9998.

" Students may enter through the West entrance of Coleman Coliseum beginning one and a half (1.5) hours prior to the meet.
" Each student must have a valid Action Card in order to be eligible to receive free admission.
" All students receive free admission.
" Student seating is located in the Sections S, T, U, V, W, X, FL-J, FL-K, & FL-W of Coleman Coliseum."

We will be visiting the school next weekend and bought tickets for the Saturday night game! Excited to give DD a chance to experience a game on campus!

Team is currently 4th in the SEC, behind top-25 Kentucky, Florida, and South Carolina. They have a real chance at their first March Madness since 2012.