Bates Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter was admitted to Bates and is interested in the performing arts - dance, theater, a capella, etc. Can anyone tell me what life is like on campus for students like this? Thanks!

2 Likes

This video may be of interest:

Note that the Jeffs are now the Mammoths.

2 Likes

I’d say those are the very students who make life at Bates so vibrant. Bates is generally known as the creative Maine NESCAC.

I believe there are several a capella groups. My D’s friend was involved with ballroom dance and loved it. Bates offers majors in theater, art, and dance. There are plenty of performances and art exhibits and an art museum on campus.

I think your daughter will easily be able to express her creativity at Bates.

1 Like

Wow! I have watched this 3 times already! This is just the sort of thing my daughter would love to take part in. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. This is really helpful!

1 Like

To add my two cents
 DS21 absolutely loves Bates. Tight-knit community of collaborative and supportive students. A nicer or smarter group of students you won’t find anywhere. Close to Portland yet so close to endless outdoor adventures. Challenging classes, supportive and approachable faculty, great food, and tons of activities to choose from. Two friends are studying abroad. Fantastic opportunities as well to support center for Purposeful Work.

4 Likes

Yep, that is Bates!

3 Likes

I went up to Lewiston this weekend and committed to Bates! Hamilton didn’t have the same friendliness and seemed more cutthroat. Go bobcats​:heart::white_heart:

8 Likes

Congratulations, that’s awesome! :tada:

My husband felt the exact same way about Hamilton vs. Bates. Our son is super happy that he chose Bates-no regrets!

2 Likes

Reminder - this is the thread for the discussion by, for, and about the class of 2027 at Bates, not for discussions about the merits of other colleges.

Looking to purchase local gift cards for HS graduation for our new Bates student. Any suggestions of popular places for Bates students? Thanks!!

1 Like

Forage is popular.

You can pm me if you want another suggestion.

Going forward, let’s keep this thread focused on Bates admissions please.

1 Like