Bath robes?

<p>My wife and I took our son to shop for dormitory stuff today. We made our way through a few stores, here in Fort Lauderdale, and we pretty much took care of things. The one question that no one could answer is this: are bath robes used? </p>

<p>For a guy of my age, I would say Yes. I am at the point of my life that comfort trumps style. A nice terry cloth robe feels good and has pockets for what ever I want to carry. This makes sense to me. My son, however, wonders whether a bath robe will look silly. He has never worn one and would rather go without. </p>

<p>So, do college guys wear bath robes, or do they simply truck their way to the showers in shorts and flip-flops?</p>

<p>No. I bought one thinking I would use it but never did. I think I used it once but quickly realized that a towel covers up the important areas of the bodies just as well as a robe. Robes are just one more thing to carry to the showers.</p>

<p>Most guys on my floor last year went to the shower wrapped in a towel, with/without something on underneath, depending on comfort level.</p>

<p>I didn’t personally see anyone wearing a robe around the dorms last year, but I’m sure a few did. Honestly it wouldn’t be a big deal, but I’m sure a comment or two would be made (jokingly of course). </p>

<p>As far as usage, in my opinion I wouldn’t use one as I typically have to hang clothes/towel over the door during the shower and I think a robe would just be in the way and get wet. I wouldn’t get him one unless it’s strictly his idea.</p>

<p>Thanks, no bath robe.</p>

<p>Right- no bath robe for guys.</p>