Batten down the hatches

<p>Tomorrow’s weather will make last weeks storms look like a joke. Hopefully nothing will touch down on or around campus.</p>

<p>I saw this morning that Tuscaloosa County went under a Tornado Warning between 5:30-6. Any reports?</p>

<p>And seriously, the stuff later today has weather folk pretty worried so take any warnings VERY seriously today.</p>

<p>Stay safe y’all!</p>

<p>M2CK: would you mind letting us know that you’re OK this morning? Nashville mets are saying that Huntsville had a major tornado situation this am and I’m hoping that it missed your area.</p>

<p>I heard a few trees are down around the quad but nothing more so far. </p>

<p>The second wave coming through this afternoon is what we have to worry about as you said.</p>

<p>Sent from my DROIDX using CC App</p>

<p>I know I’m not M2CK, but I also live in the Huntsville area. </p>

<p>It hit south and then east of us. The news isn’t reporting any damage in the city. Most schools in North Alabama are delayed right now, but the more severe storm is suppose to hit us this afternoon. I65 is closed near Birmingham due to trees down.</p>

<p>Things got loud last night, dogs went crazy. But I’m not seeing any damage in the neighborhood. </p>

<p>The thunder and lightning came in, the tornado sirens blared, and then the storm moved on. </p>

<p>Texas had a large tornado touch down - taking 100 homes with it. </p>

<p>All over this country, I think we’ll all be glad for this year’s weather to be over. lol</p>

<p>Thanks for checking in BamaMom & M2CK! </p>

<p>D texted & said the storm woke her up around 5 but there were no texts from UA so the tornado threat must have been in another area of Tuscaloosa County. </p>

<p>DH’s flight home has already been canceled for today, so I’m glad I don’t have to worry about him flying & driving in this :)</p>

<p>Looks like Huntsville is getting hit hard again. </p>

<p>I’ve mentioned in previous posts, but for those of you interested in following the weather in Alabama, James Spann and his team are excellent. Very good at explaining what is going on without over sensationalizing things. The blog is alabamawx.com and/or you can “friend” James Spann on Facebook.</p>

<p>It was loud for the last hour, dogs going crazy. I don’t have satellite right now.</p>

<p>edited to add…just got satellite back. :)</p>

<p>This is not good at all. Especially the last line.</p>

<p>TORNADO WARNING FOR…
NORTHERN GREENE COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL ALABAMA…
NORTHWESTERN HALE COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL ALABAMA…
SOUTHERN PICKENS COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL ALABAMA…
NORTH CENTRAL SUMTER COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL ALABAMA…
SOUTHWESTERN TUSCALOOSA COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL ALABAMA…</p>

<ul>
<li><p>UNTIL 445 PM CDT</p></li>
<li><p>AT 333 PM CDT…THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDICATED A SEVERE
THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM
WAS LOCATED 15 MILES WEST OF EMELLE…OR 26 MILES NORTHWEST OF
YORK…AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 55 MPH.</p></li>
<li><p>THIS DANGEROUS STORM WILL BE NEAR…
WEST UNION AROUND 350 PM CDT.
PANOLA AROUND 355 PM CDT.
NEW WEST GREENE AND WEST GREENE AROUND 405 PM CDT.
MANTUA…BENEVOLA AND UNION AROUND 420 PM CDT.
JENA AROUND 425 PM CDT.
COKER AROUND 440 PM CDT.
BRYANT DENNY STADIUM AROUND 445 PM CDT</p></li>
</ul>

<p>D is in Riverside North and just texted that she can see a funnel cloud. Now I can’t reach her -</p>

<p>Okay - she just texted that she is going downstairs - anybody with info???</p>

<p>We lost contact with our DD at 5:03. The weather channel says no power on campus. Has any one heard any other news? We are streaming the B’ham news and another tornado is on the way.</p>

<p>Son is in the CBH lab, no power or internet. It’s at the bottom of Nott Hall, so I guess it’s a safe place to be.</p>

<p>I heard there was damage to the mall and some to the hospital, but nothing about damage on campus.</p>

<p>Lil bro texted me from ridgecrest east and says all is fine.</p>

<p>Sent from my DROIDX using CC App</p>

<p>just heard from D. She is still in the basement of Ridgecrest West. Apparently the tornado did touch down on campus. The hospital took some damage based on just listening to a live interview with someone from the hospital and James Spann. </p>

<p>Go to [ABC</a> 33/40 Main on USTREAM: Watch LIVE RADAR as well as video streams from StormChaser ABC 33/40 and other news vehicles here! The live radar is always avai…](<a href=“http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ABC-33-40-Main]ABC”>http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ABC-33-40-Main) to watch live tv coverage. They were just talking about Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Tuscaloosa mayor is now live with James Spann.</p>

<p>He said no confirmed reports of damage on the campus yet; they specifically asked about the UA campus. There is a confirmed fatality within the city of Tuscaloosa though.</p>

<p>Most damage is mostly confined along 15th St it seems. University Mall and Midtown sustained damage. The CVS at 15th and McFarland is gone, I saw on Twitter. At least one dead in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>OMG…praying that all of you hear from your students there and all is well with them. I’m waiting to hear from classmate of DS now at UA who last posted on FB about an hour ago… watching the live feed on ABC33/40…unreal!</p>