Batten down the hatches

<p>Two albums of damage pics on tuscaloosanews.com - just scroll down below the article that timeflew linked</p>

<p>“I’m in my car at corner on McFarland. Milo’s Hamburgers isn’t there anymore,” Tuscaloosa resident Phil Owen told ABC News station</p>

<p>I’m safe, as are all of my friends and all the CCers I know. But as for Tuscaloosa, the town has been wiped off the face of the earth. 15th street is gone. So is most of everything on Mcfarland. We just got power and internet back like 5-10 minutes ago.</p>

<p>I heard Full Moon BBQ and the CVS next to campus are completely gone as well. There’s a video on Facebook that someone took out the window of an honors dorm, and it’s insane to see how close it is.</p>

<p>I can confirm that Full Moon and CVS are gone. I saw the pix. Everything in that Hobby Lobby shopping center is flattened. Dipping Dots, Krispy Kreme, etc. Its all gone. The quad got a large amount of wind damage and some trees ripped up and torn down. The videos are insane.</p>

<p>We’re glad you, the other CCers, and (hopefully) the entire student body is okay. I can’t believe this is happening; I can’t remember ever hearing about a Tornado happening before, I don’t think we get them up north.</p>

<p>Heard from my son and he’s ok. Terrible news about the loss of life and livelihood in Tuscaloosa. Our kids, and UA, dodged a bullet.</p>

<p>regina: my D just posted that dorm video on her FB and it is unbelievable. </p>

<p>Did the damage go as far up as the Barnes & Noble/Best Buy area?</p>

<p>James Spann was just saying that 3 people were killed in Tuscaloosa but then mid sentence got word that the confirmed count is now up to 15. Please keep everyone affected in your prayers. </p>

<p>m2CK and Bamamomof3: I stopped keeping track of Huntsville when we went to tornado warnings up here and in Tuscaloosa simultaneously, but I heard things were bad up there. You all OK?</p>

<p>malanai, I’m glad you’ve finally been able to speak with your son and he is okay.</p>

<p>Aaaaand power’s out again. Fantastic.</p>

<p>Btw, I went to 15th street earlier- I don’t think I can do it justice with words, so I won’t try here; I’ll just advise everybody to pray for those trapped in the wreckage.</p>

<p>DD called in tears. Sorority sisters from Arab Alabama have lost family members…she is pretty upset. We are in St. Louis for a robotics championship with my niece and sister in law and have been streaming ABC all night. Have put out calls for prayers to our churches here…I can’t imagine…was there just two weeks ago for A Day and parents Day at the house…moving home next Friday will be so hard…difficult to see all the devastation! Cudos to the UA and their staff. DD said they did a great job of keeping everyone at Tut calm and in a safe place.</p>

<p>ua has been great about keeping info up to date on their parents page at [Weather</a> Advisory - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama) Just went to check the latest and thought this was interesting:</p>

<p>“Lakeside Dining is open. It closes at 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 27 and all Bama Dining is expected to reopen Thursday, April 28 at 10:30 a.m. with normal operating hours.”</p>

<p>I have no inside knowledge, but I can’t imagine that things will be working normally tomorrow on campus. Students/Staff/Faculty who live off campus may not be able to make it in easily due to road closures.</p>

<p>We have lots of family in Arab. We’ve been able to get in touch with most, but still worried. Will UA have classes tomorrow?</p>

<p>Latest from UA’s website:</p>

<p>9:22 p.m., Wednesday, April 27</p>

<p>The University of Alabama has cancelled classes and suspended normal operations for Thursday, April 28th. Essential personnel should report to work as directed by their supervisors. Any UA employee who has experienced personal hardships as a result of the tornado should notify their supervisors.</p>

<p>Thanks crimson. I figured they would cancel classes. Proud of my son. Just talked to him and he has been out volunteering and bringing people homeless to the rec center…</p>

<p><a href=“https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php[/url]”>https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Red Cross sponsors the safe and well community. This may be a resource in the days to come for those of you searching for information on family and friends.</p>

<p>Safe and Well
After a disaster, letting your family and friends know that you are safe and well can bring your loved ones great peace of mind. This website is designed to help make that communication easier. </p>

<p>Register Yourself as “Safe and Well”
Click on the “List Myself as Safe and Well” button to register yourself on the site.</p>

<p>Search for Loved Ones
Concerned family and friends can search the list of those who have registered themselves as “safe and well” by clicking on the “Search Registrants” button. The results of a successful search will display a loved one’s first name, last name and a brief message.</p>

<p>More photos from the Tuscaloosa News
[Home</a> | TuscaloosaNews.com | Tuscaloosa News](<a href=“http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Dato=20110427&Kategori=FRONTPAGE&Lopenr=427009996&Ref=PH&pl=1]Home”>http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Dato=20110427&Kategori=FRONTPAGE&Lopenr=427009996&Ref=PH&pl=1)</p>

<p>Are mom2ck’s boys safe? Doesn’t one of them live off campus, in The Bluffs? Wondering how the kids in off campus housing are doing.</p>

<p>[YouTube</a> - Tuscaloosa Tornado - 15th St Area - 042711 - 3.wmv](<a href=“Tuscaloosa Tornado - 15th St Area - 042711 - 3.wmv - YouTube”>Tuscaloosa Tornado - 15th St Area - 042711 - 3.wmv - YouTube)</p>

<p>Posting that my son and several other students I know, are safe and sound. I am sure that Mom2ck will not mind my posting this (so you all do not worry) she is out of power, her sons are safe.</p>