Baylor University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

congrats! daughter accepted as well so a great start to the weekend.

4 Likes

Just opened my acceptance!!!

3 Likes

Was the acceptance updated in the portal or sent via email?

And….congrats!!!

Congratulations to all of you!

2 Likes

I got an email to open my portal for an important message.

2 Likes

Son just got accepted EA! YAY!

5 Likes

My daughter was accepted EA too!

4 Likes

Now we just have the long wait for scholarships.

I have to say Baylor runs everything we’ve seen so well. Letting the kids know months ahead of other schools is just another reason to love them imo.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone! New Here. My son is applying for EA. He has a GPA 3.93 Weighted.

Major Professional Flight
Has his Private Pilot License
School Resume Incredible with sports, student gov. volunteer hrs., STEM Camp leader for underprivileged children the past two year, Drama Club, President of clubs, the list goes on.
Applying TO
OOS

Does your chances of acceptance decrease applying TO? Thank you so much!!!

My son has a 3.73/4 and was just accepted TO. 4 sport varsity athlete, kairos leader, fresh class pres, internship at a PT office and applied pre-pt for exercise physiology. I think Baylor is very holistic in their approach. I am excited bc I think it’s an awesome fit for him. So now we wait on the scholarship numbers bc it’s pretty pricey. Fingers crossed. Good luck to your kiddo!

Thank you so much!!! Will let you know how it goes. Thank you so much for relying!!!

1 Like

I’d love to hear how DSD went for anyone who attended!

DS submitted EA 1 week ago and his application portal says Complete (test scores and transcript received), but there is an optional SRAR he has not yet done. Is this something he needs to complete too? A bit confused!

The SRAR is optional, but recommended. I think it makes it easier for the AO to review the file and they say it demonstrates interest, but plenty of people don’t do it and still get accepted.

Is anyone else who applied in August still waiting to hear back?

it takes like 20 minutes with a copy of the transcript. My son also applied to A&M, Oregon, FSU and UTK so we needed it done anyway.

Yes, applied in August and have not heard yet.

So this was a bit crazy. My DD’s best friend decided to apply to BU last Monday. She got her acceptance two days later on Wednesday. She’s well in the top 10% of a large HS. (755 senior class). She’s ranked like in the mid-20’s. We were shocked when it only took a couple of days to get her email. Has this happened to anyone else?

My kid got accepted pretty quick, but not a few days. He submitted 8/11 and accepted 10/10.

1 Like

My daughter got accepted fairly quickly after everything was submitted. I definitely wasn’t expecting it so soon. I think she finally had everything in by 10/6 and heard back 10/13.

1 Like

Hi, my son completed his application on Sunday (10/23) for College of Arts and Sciences. Yesterday (Tuesday) he received an invite to attend Distinguished Scholars Day for the Honors College on November 10th. This has caught us all by surprise - can someone help unpack what all is going on?

I have put a hold on (expensive) flights to Austin, but I’m wondering if anyone can provide more insight on what this is all about.