BC and NEU STUDENTS PLEASE SHARE STATS!

can anyone who got into boston college or northeastern for nursing please share their stats?
thank you!!! i really appreciate it.

@futurenursep

Although I did not apply for nursing, though I’d still share my stats… In case that might be helpful as well.

I got into Northeastern:

• College GPA: 4.0
  • UW HS GPA: 4.0
  • SAT: 1310 (m610/cr700)
  • Major: International Affairs
  • Transferring from a FL community college
  • Applied with 51 credits; hope to have 65 by fall

A friend of mine also got accepted as a history major. He had stats very similar to mine.

By the way, I really liked NEU’s campus and, of course, their co-op programs. They accepted almost all of my college credits, including those from Dual Enrollment and CLEP. Overall, I’d highly recommend it - as long as it is affordable. Great school that appears to be gradually rising in the rankings.

My D applied and accepted to both. From all her friends and other applicants I would say in general an SAT of 1400 and above and ACT of 32 and above makes you competitive. There are a lot of other factors though. Northeastern receives TONS of applications. Really it is crazy how many people apply. They also have ED1 and ED2 and a very small nursing department so by the time RD comes in you are competing for VERY few spots. So if you have no hooks whatsoever it will be very competitive unless your stats are above and beyond. It also matters where you are applying from as they get SO many applications from the New England area. Northeastern also has NUin (first semester abroad program) and that is a lot easier to get in. If that program interests you I think your chances to get in are really good. BC on the other hand has no ED cycles, a slightly bigger program and receives half the applications that NU so it looks to me a school that at least you have a better chance not to be lost in the shuffle if your application is competitive. However they do look for a good match and you should take the opportunity of the extra essay to show them how you would fit in. Take some time to read about their program, mission etc.
With your scores (I saw them in another post) I think you are competitive to both programs but treat them as reaches just because of the low acceptance rates. Also both universities use the Profile for financial aid and they do count primary home equity, especially BC. Make sure you have good alternatives both admission wise and financial aid wise if money is an issue with your family.

@am9799 Thank you sooo much for sharing! For BC, did your D apply to EA or RD? and for NEU, did she apply to ED, EA, or RD? and do you think it is easier to get in by applying early action or regular decision? Thank you so much.

for NEU: do you think EDI,EDII, EA, or RD has a higher chance?
for BC: do you think EA or RD has a higher chance

For NU absolutely it helps to apply ED but then you should be sure that this is what you want to do and that the money part works for your family. I do not believe EA helps at all as they now announce EA results end of February after releasing ED2 results and after seeing who is in the RD pool. So I do not see any advantage.
As for BC they say to only apply EA if your app is outstanding and there is no advantage other that they offer their Gabelli scholarship (extremely hard to get) only to EA applicants. I personally do not believe EA offers any advantage but if your app is competitive I do not think it will hurt either. I think during EA, BC targets their most desirable applicants stat wise, geographic or whatever. BC officially says that EA is more competitive and they advise students not to rush to an EA application.
Anyway, speaking with other families here in CC and irl I don’t think EA is what it used to be advantage wise.