BCS Berth

<p>Seemed like a big ole try at intimidation to me by T. Boone!!! Will be nervous until about 8:15pm ET tonight!</p>

<p>If you have ever read the book " The Missing Ring", you will understand why us Bama alumni and fans are a little nervous about tonight. Quick read and a good book.</p>

<p>Well, Bama has stayed #2 in both the Sagarin and Massey computers. It’s going to be a long day of waiting, but I’m thinking positive. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>USA Today Coaches poll out. Bama 2nd, OSU 3rd
[BREAKING:</a> USA Today coaches poll released, found here | The Daily Bama Blog](<a href=“http://dailybamablog.com/2011/12/04/breaking-usa-today-coaches-poll-released-found-here/]BREAKING:”>http://dailybamablog.com/2011/12/04/breaking-usa-today-coaches-poll-released-found-here/)</p>

<p>We’re also 2 in the AP, although not a BCS poll, still important in my book!!!</p>

<p>Something about the OSU-OU game was weird to me. Oklahoma averaged 40 points per game all season, but somehow managed to only score 10 points on a defense that is ranked 107th in the nation? I thought Oklahoma was a top 10 offense. It really doesn’t add up, and I don’t think OSU did anything spectacular, they just played regular ball. I watched the game, and Oklahoma looked TERRIBLE. I think they’ve been overrated the whole entire season. And plus, they had some main players out the entire time. I hope the voters see that Oklahoma choked and pretty much gave no effort in this game.</p>

<p>I heard the announcers for the Oklahoma game last night say that OSU could jump Alabama if 25% of the poll voters put OSU 2nd and the rest put them 3rd. To be honest, I don’t understand how the whole thing works - it seems like a big black box, and some stuff goes in and rankings inexplicably come out. There’s lots of ammunition for the playoff advocates this year.</p>

<p>The BCS formula is super weird. But Bama is still #2 in the coaches’ poll (although by a much smaller margin) and in two of the computer ratings that have come out. The Harris poll comes out later today.</p>

<p>Harris poll has stated that they will not release their results until BCS selection show. Only hope for info on who is going where is for players to leak. Have already been leaks from players from other teams in Twitter land. Not always reliable, but certainly it has been an interesting day. I have a dog in the Iowa State result…and obviously as D will be attending UA in the Fall, a dog in this fight. Speculation on other boards does say UA is in…until official word, it’s all guesses and dreams. Good Luck to UA!!</p>

<p>The Alabama Crimson Tide BCS Bowl Game Information website says Alabama has been notified that they are playing in the NCG!!! Hope it’s reliable…ROLL TIDE!!</p>

<p>Alabama Crimson Tide BCS Bowl Game Information
We have learned that Alabama has been informed they are #2 in the BCS Rankings and will play LSU in the BCS Championship Game! Roll Tide!! Book your travel packages today
Alabama BCS National Championship Packages, Alabama BCS Championship Tickets
<a href=“http://www.sportstravel.com%5B/url%5D”>www.sportstravel.com</a></p>

<p>Ok…it’s on a Facebook page</p>

<p>Alabama Crimson Tide BCS Bowl Game Information</p>

<p>Fingers crossed! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>m2ck, the link I saw takes you to a travel agency. SOOOO they may not be telling us the truth! Guess we’ll wait a couple of hours to be sure!! RTR</p>

<p>CBSSports.com is also saying breaking news LSU and Alabama. We’ll see…</p>

<p>Paul Finebaum is also reporing that his sources tell him that Bama is BCS championship bound!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>PF tweet:</p>

<p>finebaum RT @jppalm: Sources tell me it’s official: LSU-Alabama, the sequel.</p>

<p>CBSsports:</p>

<p>Sources tell me tonight that it’s official: LSU and Alabama will meet again in New Orleans in the BCS title game.</p>

<p>ESPN wants people to tune in to their announcement show, so they’re not going to give an early “spill”.</p>

<p>Finebaum tweeted:</p>

<p>The AT&T Cotton Bowl just tweeted that they will have the “only” Big 12-SEC matchup.</p>

<p>so, that means that OSU will not be playing LSU…and therefore Bama is not going to the Sugar Bowl…so that pretty much assures that Bama is in the title game.</p>

<p>I guess that means that Arkansas is going to the Cotton Bowl?</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Is it on espn at 8? What will happen on campus?</p>

<p>Yes…8 pm eastern time…ESPN. In about 7 minutes from now.</p>

<p>Right now, on ESPNU is the countdown to the BCS show</p>

<p>About to be a big celebration on campus and in T-Town tonight – but still have a ship to win</p>

<p>Bama is in!</p>

<p>RTR</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE!!! NOLA here we come :)</p>