BCS Game Plans?

<p>Just wondering what everyone plans to do for the game Monday night? </p>

<p>I am hoping we’ll watch at Another Round (suburban Chicago Bama bar). Just have to shake off this virus that half of the nation seems to have.</p>

<p>My husband will be at the game, but the rest of us will be watching at home since the kids have school the next day. My 10 year old will be mighty tired the next morning, but his teacher has promised no homework for the week when Bama wins.</p>

<p>Party…our house…lots of people (many Mizzou fans who are now converted Alabama fans)…food and fun! Shakers, Alabama plates, napkins ect arrived today (or so my husband says…I am in DC until Sunday). Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Party at the house. Kick-off is at 3pm Hawaii Standard Time so there’s only one solution: play hookey. My otherwise lame boss (me) has graciously given me the day off. My wife is taking the day off with with the blessing of her boss (a Notre Dame fan who’s coming over to the house for some fine Mexican dining and public humiliation). My daughter has told her employer that it’s her mom’s birthday (I’m sure she’ll spend eternity in the underworld for that). And my daughter’s boyfriend, a native of India who’s gotten 'Bama fever after attending this year’s Iron Bowl, seems to be developing a progressive case of highly infectious cryptic systosis, which will keep from work on Monday.</p>

<p>At least our priorities are in order. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>We’ll go over to the home of a friend who has a big-screen TV (we still have a tube model). Probably lots of unhealthy snacks and a splash of bourbon in our Cokes. RTR!</p>

<p>DD has #10 jersey, I have tee and DH has cap! We are ready! Roll Tide, Roll!</p>

<p>TXArchitect, do you have one of the cool TX alum tees - TEXAS with the Bama A?</p>

<p><a href=“http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/texasa.jpg/[/url]”>http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/texasa.jpg/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Game will be on in the family room tv for the run down to the kitchen so as not to miss anything. Will be watching on the big screen in the media room :slight_smile:
I still have some A plates, napkins and cups from last year. I’m sure all 4 of us will be sporting Crimson attire that day.</p>

<p>D’s birthday was the 31st and did not have her annual party that day. Instead it will be this Friday. One invitee texted her this, “you know the bowl game is on the night of your party”. Her response, “oh, it’s just a bowl game. The Championship game is on Monday.” :)</p>

<p>For the second year in a row :), I’ll be hosting a viewing party for 20+ people at my home. Unlike last year, I won’t be leaving for the airport right after the game, but will be flying out late Tuesday evening instead. The Tuscaloosa Sam’s Club had a great deal on Alabama paper plates and napkins, so my guests be using those to carry all the good food that my mom, sister, and I will be making.</p>

<p>Our oldest son will be attending the game in Miami. Lucky…</p>

<p>Meanwhile, the three of us will be home watching it. My younger son, a high school junior, will be begging his teachers not to give too much homework. He figures one, who is a huge sports fan, won’t give any. Two more have ties to the SEC – one is an Arkansas grad, the other is from Kentucky. He wants to play on those ties to cut the homework load. The third, we are not sure if she knows what a football is. It’s also his 16th birthday, so he’d love to celebrate with a BCS win!</p>

<p>We are also hosting a party. Most folks are neighbors who are Virginia Tech fans. They already know what they’re in for come next August. I just hope they can stay awake until half time. I’ll also be trying to see my son who is in the band. I try that every game but have not been too successful. RTR</p>

<p>D1 & I will be watching from the ESPN Zone on the Boardwalk in Walt Disney World :)</p>

<p>DH will be watching at home. D2 may not know there’s a game…</p>

<p>Our community football team decided to use the event as a fundraiser, so I’ll be serving food or selling raffle tickets and watching it with hopefully 100+.</p>

<p>The president of the booster club,an Alabama native, told me that if Bama wins we might have to get back to back and fight our way out through the crowd since we are in Indiana.</p>

<p>My son will most likely be watching the game in Tuscaloosa since I told him if he is going to Miami he’ll be paying for it himself, but I suppose if I see him on TV at some point that he decided to keep driving right past campus…</p>

<p>We will be hosting a party at our house with several Notre Dame fans and those that we converted to Alabama fans. Game is 8:30pm New York time. My son already spoke to his teachers and tried to convince them that no homework is in order since this day should be treated like a religious holiday. Lol</p>

<p>Malanai, we’ll be in your great state for the next six days! Any game watch parties at friendly watering holes?</p>

<p>Sent you a PM with my phone number, randomjoe. Most watering holes will be strongly supporting Manti Te’o here in Hawaii. Under any other circumstance I’d be supporting him too, since he attended the same high school as my son.</p>

<p>Give me a call and we’ll discuss your best options.</p>

<p>Roll Tide; crush the leprechauns!</p>

<p>We will be hosting a party at our house. </p>

<p>My wife and brother-in-law are both Notre Dame alums. (Though DW fell in love with UA during our visits and thinks Bama will win.) It should be interesting! Our recent complication - DD was accepted at Notre Dame a couple weeks ago. She applied more out of family loyalty/tradition than a deep desire to attend. I’m glad to say DD will be wearing Crimson on Monday!</p>

<p>We will be sporting our Bama gear while watching at home. Can’t wait. RTR!!</p>

<p>H & S are heading out today for the game, Roll Tide. Thanks to the BCS futures we were able to get tickets several weeks ago for a somewhat reasonable price although they’ll be sitting on the ND side wearing crimson with their shakers. I am totally jealous between the game and 75+ degree weather in Miami. It was 16 here yesterday.
I will be flying West Mon nite(poor planning) and hope to arrive shortly after kickoff.
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Well, they ARE!</p>

<p>We are sooooooooooo excited.</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE ROLL</p>