Bed Bath & Beyond plus more Coming Soon!

<p>YEAH~just saw on Tuscaloosa News that BBB and World Market will be coming to T-Town!
In the article it says that a specialty grocer (hope it’s Whole Foods or Fresh Market), a national sporting goods chain and other stores.
Sorry I could not link the article.
This development will be bordering McFarland Blvd to the east of Dr Edward Hillard Drive to the west and 13th Street East to the north.</p>

<p>Yes, read that as well. Some of us have been asking BB&B to come to Tuscaloosa for years. Yea, Finally!</p>

<p>I’ve been told Whole Foods was negotiating for a spot in the condos that are going up where Woods Squre (old Full Moon BBQ, Hobby Lobby, Big Lots) use to be.</p>

<p>^^^
Wouldn’t that be where the new The Lofts are? A whole shopping area is going in there as well…as Phase II.</p>

<p>Whole Foods is in Mountain Brook, has announced a new store in Mobile for 2015… </p>

<p>Sounds like T-Town would make sense as a third location in Alabama.</p>

<p>Goodness knows the need for gluten-, preservative-, and GMO-free foods is not being met AT ALL currently.</p>

<p>Yes, the Lofts…I couldn’t remember the name.</p>

<p>When is it all projected to be finished? I hope in time for next fall!</p>

<p>No way it would happen that soon.</p>

<p>Hey, the area by The Lofts might be done by next fall… The ground work by the Lofts is done/near done. That always seems to be the long-pole. And, some Phase II buildings are up…not sure if any of the store/restaurant bldgs are being worked on yet. It’s hard to tell what is what. There are new apt bldgs, parking structures, and store bldgings going up there. </p>

<p>However, the ground work hasn’t begun for the area that BBB is going in. Don’t know when that’s starting. If you can see from the pic, the three streets that used to lead to homes are still there.</p>

<p>I meant that there is little hope that a grocery store like Whole Foods would be up and running by next fall.</p>

<p>The retail marketplace part of The Lofts could certainly begin taking small tenants by then…but not the big anchor stores…</p>

<p>It would be good to start saving BB&B coupons though…despite the expiration dates, the stores honor them after they expire.</p>

<p>I’ve always got a stack of BB&B coupons in my car :). I was just thinking that I need to start stockpiling them for next fall, lol. Although we’ll probably try to do most of our shopping at home as we’ll be driving to Tuscaloosa for move-in.</p>

<p>I hope it’s a Trader Joe’s! Seems like that might be a better fit for the college crowd, but whole foods would be good too!</p>

<p>Trader Joe’s would be awesome! They have finally come to Austin!</p>

<p>Yup. TJ’s just opened at Bee Cave in Austin and will open two more stores there soon.</p>

<p>Whole Foods’s model are much larger, pricier store than Trader Joe’s and TJ’s really is the more affordable, healthier option, and would be perfect for the 'BAMA crowd.</p>

<p>Full disclosure…after I retired, well…I took up part-time employment at my favorite Gluten-free Grocer and now I am THE Demo Lady at my local TJ’s…</p>

<p>Don’t hate me because I’m just that special.</p>

<p>JEALOUS!!! So why I’m thinking you can be the official stocker of treats at the UA CC house we will all be landing at some point soon. </p>

<p>Someone from here please win the lottery :)</p>

<p>Another vote for TJ’s. DS craves their Mango Mango gummies!</p>

<p>Seem like a lot of people are from Texas. Where are you all from. We are from North Texas. about 20 miles north of Dallas. My son hopes to be a freshman next year at Alabama.</p>

<p>Dallas area here. Suburb to the NE of Dallas.<br>
Have you gone to any of the Tide In Texas watching parties?<br>
Wearing my Tide In Texas shirt now :)</p>

<p>We won’t make the one this week due to a HS band competition for D2.</p>

<p>We are new to pretty much everything. We have not heard about that. Would love to learn as much as possible and get more active.</p>

<p>Join their FB group and get the notifications. Everyone is super friendly. If you get to attend one let me know. I’ve only attended the ones in Addison. </p>

<p>Has your S already turned in his application? If not, get that all in now!</p>

<p>Are you receiving emails from the area rep? She usually has a pizza get together over the holidays for all of the soon to be UA bound students.</p>