Bed Loft at university of miami

Is lofting your bed worth it?
How would a tv fit?
Does having a futon make a difference?
Is it annoying getting in and out of bed?
Can you fit a microwave/fridge without one?

Lots of people do it, but it kind of sucks. You’re pretty close to the ceiling and it’s a bit of a pain going on and off. The main advantage is the space, and yeah most people put TVs under the loft along with a fridge. However, you can still fit a fridge in the dorm, popular spots are in between the two beds near the window or in the closet space.

I’m going back a few years, but lofting my bed in college was a great decision. Not a drop of alcohol found its way on my sleeping area, unless I brought the beer to bed with me. :smiley: And I’d definitely opt for a futon underneath btw.

You might want to look at this thread: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/parents-forum/1911839-bunk-and-loft-bed-dangers.html

Miami ONLY allows lofts from BedLoft.com, which have rails. So don’t get all bent out of shape by the fear-mongering thread linked above. I’m pretty sure there is about a 100,000,000 times better chance of getting injured in a car accident then from falling out of a lofted bed. Jeez.

My son tried the loft bed in freshman dorm but didn’t even last a week. Too high. Not necessary.