beds

<p>Are all the mattresses the same at VT? Would it be too much to add an egg crate under a featherbed & mattress pad? Wouldn't think the featherbed only would do what it needs to do.</p>

<p>No, not all are the same. I know the ones I had in Barringer weren't as good as the ones in the Leadership thing dorms. I'd add whatever you've got, though, since they can get rather uncomfortable.</p>

<p>I had just an eggcrate last year and needed more. This year, even at UVA, i'm starting off with a fiberbed and will either add a mattress pad or an eggcrate (i'll then use duct tape to hold it all down haha). It just depends. I would start with an eggcrate and go from there</p>

<p>There's cheap(er than usual) memory foam on overstock.com. I just got mine today and I've got to say, it's wonderful. Get the largest size (they all cost the same) and double it over.</p>

<p>Thanks. I think I will buy an egg crate pad now. They're pretty cheap, at least. Couldn't believe the cost of the extra long mattress cover - it would have been more than the fiber bed, if I hadn't had the coupon!</p>

<p>Yeah, the egg crate will make it feel much better. Some of the matresses aren't that bad, it just depends on which dorms they give wich matresses to, I guess.</p>