Beering Notification

<p>I was chosen to apply for the scholarship back in January, and the email says we will be notified if we are chosen to attend the interview on campus by mid-February. Has anyone heard back from Purdue about the Beering scholarship?</p>

<p>I haven’t heard anything yet.</p>

<p>Really excited! Got the phone call from Purdue this evening, I made it to the interview stage of Beering! The person told me that 5 candidates had been selected this year for 5 spots, so it sounds like potentially everyone who gets a Beering notification can receive the scholarship. She still emphasized that they want to make sure the candidate is a “good fit” for Purdue, so a scholarship offer definitely is not a sure thing.</p>

<p>She said she was going to try to notify everybody this evening. Purdue is providing for myself and a “guest” (parent) to go there for one day to interview, see the campus, and visit my department. She said 2 to 3 people would interview me (at the same time).
For anyone’s future reference, she noted that they had chosen to select very few this year. Which means for future years (and past years) they may decide to bring more to interview than can receive their set number of spots.</p>

<p>Sorry I don’t know anything about Stamps.</p>

<p>I’m a CC user, but decided to create a new account so I could share information about the Beering process a little more freely.</p>

<p>That’s awesome, congrats!! And thanks for the info! I wonder why they decided to change the selection process this year.</p>