Beering Scholarship tracking

<p>Purdue seemed to be tight-lipped about this most prestigious scholarship. Please post your progress here to help bring some transparency, like when did you receive invitation to apply, do you know anyone who's invited? And if you don't mind, your credentials and school admitted? Thank you.</p>

<p>Why has nobody posted here? I have tried to find new info regarding this year’s Beering to no avail. </p>

<p>OOS D has been offered the Trustee Scholarship for $16,000 per year but no Beering letter as of today. She has following stats: 34 ACT, 5.367 / 5 GPA, Class rank = 3/391 (hoping for valedictorian status at end of this semester), 13 AP semesters, National Merit Semifinalist (haven’t heard about Finalist status yet), tons of additional awards, extracurricular, and community service. </p>

<p>She also has tremendous legacy at Purdue… grandfather graduated from there and became professor in mechanical engineering until retirement; father graduated from Purdue; additionally… Aunt and Uncle graduated from there. Really hoping she would qualify to at least be invited to apply for that prestigious scholarship.</p>

<p>Anyone hearing any more about this? Any more letters being received?</p>

<p>I suspect that if your daughter hasn’t received a Beering letter yet, she’s not going to receive one. I don’t remember when my daughter received hers, but I think her application was due back to Purdue around Jan 21 or 24, something like that. Congrats on the $16K Trustees. My impression is that only went to a pretty select group.</p>

<p>Just spoke to Purdue Financial Aid office today. I was told that letters/invitations will be mailed out this month (February) for the Beering Scholarship. So, those of you who haven’t heard… don’t fret! :)</p>

<p>JUSTAMOM, those are the letters to notify the semifinalists and non-semifinalists of their status for the Beering scholarship (the ones who have already applied), not the invitation letters to apply for the scholarship.</p>

<p>I received a letter from Purdue opening “Congratulations on being one of the top 100 students invited to attend Purdue next fall!” discussing Univ. Honors Program. I also received a Trustees Scholarship. However, no Beering letter yet. I was hoping for one because of that letter I got… did anyone else get this? At scholars day, they said Beering invites would be sent out mid Feb., so I’m afraid I didn’t get one. Anyone know?</p>

<p>Beering process is two steps. First, students are invited to apply. These letters went out in January. Then, a subset of these students are invited to campus to interview. These are the letters that are sent out in mid-February. My impression is that about 100 students are invited to apply (so if you didn’t get invited, kate225, you must have just missed the cut), and then about 25 of them are invited to interview on campus.</p>

<p>Have any Beering candidates found out their status yet? Someone in Admissions told me last week that Beering applicants will be contacted either way - whether or not they are invited to interview on campus. The letter inviting students to apply for the Beering says the selection committee “will meet in mid-February to select the finalists who will be invited to campus for an interview”. It’s starting to be a bit past mod-February, so they should be notifying students pretty soon.</p>

<p>^can you pl. post your D’s stats. thanks.</p>

<p>2340 SAT, 4.0 UW GPA, 10 APs, National Merit finalist, sports varsity letters, choir, band, other school EC’s, church mission trips, engineering summer internship, engineering summer camp.</p>

<p>Hocomom, we haven’t heard anything either. Hopefully soon!</p>