Beering Scholarship

<p>Has anyone heard anything about this prestigious award? Apparently you get a full ride for undergrad, grad and Phd</p>

<p>It’s a fabulous scholarship. But really hard to get. I think they only gave out 4 of them last year. You can only apply by invitation. If you are invited to apply, by all means go for it!</p>

<p>Question: I just received notification that I have been given a Trustee’s Scholarship and I am thrilled and very, very appreciative. My questions is, does this mean I am not going to be invited for the Beering? As I mentioned, I am thrilled, honored and humbled to get the Trustee’s award, but financial aid means a lot to my family and I want to know if I’m still in the running to be invited to apply for the Beering or if the Trustee’s scholarship precludes that. Does anyone on the board know? Any info would be appreciated.</p>

<p>@Caveman I’m in the same boat as you. I feel like I read somewhere that Beering gets sent to the top 100 applicants, and according to the Purdue website they only give up to 100 Trustee scholarships a year. Here’s the link: [Purdue</a> University - Merit_Scholarships](<a href=“http://admissions.purdue.edu/costs/merit_scholarships.html]Purdue”>http://admissions.purdue.edu/costs/merit_scholarships.html) </p>

<p>However, I do not know if that means that all Trustee receivers invited to Beering or if the Trustee is given to the top 100 non-Beering applicants. I’d love to know more as well, if anyone has any info on this.</p>

<p>Trustees does not preclude consideration for Beering. My daughter was offered Trustees, and was also asked to apply for Beering (which she did not get). I think there are separate people/processes choosing who gets Trustees and Beering.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure you get both invitations.</p>

<p>Think about it like this: If 100 qualified individuals get invited to Beering scholarship, but only 4 get it, shoudln’t the other 96 get some other form of scholarship?</p>

<p>Thank you for the information! Good luck to everyone.</p>

<p>has anyone recieved a beerings invitation yet?</p>

<p>received invitation today by mail.</p>

<p>Same. </p>

<p>10char</p>

<p>Same here for my son!</p>

<p>if i have not received anything, does that mean I will not get anything?</p>

<p>What’s everyone test score(s)/GPA who’s been invited for the Beering?</p>

<p>SAT: 2360 (760 writing, 800 math, 800 critical reading)</p>

<p>GPA: 4.435 weighted (weighted courses have 5.0 for an A, 4.0 for a B, etc. while regular courses have 4.0 for an A, and so on)</p>

<p>4.0 unweighted GPA out of 4.0</p>

<p>Is there anyway to know, without receiving the letter, if you were invited to Stamps/Beering? My family was out of town and our mail was stopped during the dates many of you said you received Beering letters.</p>

<p>I only received mail notification but you could try emailing Jo Ann Brown at <a href=“mailto:jabrown@purdue.edu”>jabrown@purdue.edu</a> to ask if you’ve been invited to apply for Beering/Stamps (my notification letter says she’ll answer questions about the scholarship/application so she might be able to tell you if you’ve been invited or not).</p>

<p>SAT: 2330. SAT II: Math2 800; Phy 800. GPA: UW 4.0. ACT: 35.</p>

<p>I submitted the application! Yay!</p>

<p>My son submitted his last night - glad to be done with it! He really had a hard time with the essay question compared to most of his college apps.</p>

<p>Just submitted mine this morning. Good luck everyone!</p>